How do you label this???

I am making a baby quilt for my friend Sarah from all of her mother's quilt stash. I was lucky to be the friend that Sarah gave her mother's quilt stash too.

The opportunity is that the quilt is for Sarah's daughter who is having the 1st grandchild. How would you write a label?

Sarah would like a label put on it. She suggested something like: In memory for Great-Grandma Lepp. Made by a friend. DMO 5/2009.

All the other quilts that I have made were labeled for Sarah from her mother's stash. Pieced & Quilted by DMO.

What do you think??? I am a stumped .

I see nothing wrong with the label suggestion that she mentioned. Is it the fact that she isn't spelling out your name (or did you just do that for the forum) or are you just not comfortable with the wording? I'm not sure I understand the question.

Hi Denise,

Here is a different perspective. I would write the label less "factual" and more personal. What I mean is, write it how the person recieving it would appreciate it most. Perhaps something like this:

Great-Grandma Lepp's fabrics were carefully chosen to make this quilt specially for (INSERT BABY's NAME HERE). Pieced and quilted with love by family friend, Denise Osborne (DATE, LOCATION)

Bonnie,

My friend was the one that suggested the initials I use my initials when requested. Why I am asking is because I was not comfortable with my friend's suggestion.

I like the personal touch that you suggest Shana.

I need to see if they have decided on a baby's name yet. Last I heard was it is to be a girl. The parents had 3 different names. As Sarah said it changes with the time of day.

Thanks for the input.

I too like the suggestion from Shana....

As far as your friends request....that's actually an honor to be asked to do that. We need to stop taking the back seat to things and this she understands and wants you to be there beside her. ;);) So bow softly, say thank you and make the label shine...:D

Originally posted by Neher-in-law5

Instead of using the baby's name, I would use the term "made for the 'mom's and dad's name' first baby" especially since the name could change by the minute until even after the baby is born.

I like that...that's a great idea....I think I will use that one myself... Thanks for that tip.:P

Archived