Do you do this also?

I really LOVE the Pictures & Inspiration forum tho I do find it to be alittle intimidating also. But once I admire the quilting and make the usual mental notes (I think I will try this on my ______ quilt-I was wondering what to do there.) I then begin to notice that I have some of the same fabric she used. & I can remember where I bought it!! LOL I like to think that we of great minds think alike!!!;) Do you do this also??

Patty

Yes! Intimidating, inspiring and sometimes mind-blowing. I also like to see the colors and ideas put together that I wouldn't have thought of. Plus, new quilters showing what they're doing and being supported (as I have been) and those who have quilted a long time and sharing their latest and greatest.

What I like too is the fact that many are so different in how they put it all together. So, like-minded? Mine has melted away with my own personal summers (mental pause)!

I agree with you patty, I just love this forum. The people here are so friendly and helpful. The encouragement they give one another is inspirational. The craftmanship I have seen on this forum is very intimidating, but yet inspiring. Other than doing basting stitching I have yet to try anything freehand, pantos are my comfort zone. But with the encouragement I seen here giving to newbies like myself, I'm almost ready to put the fear aside and head to the front of the machine and start the ppp mentioned here so often.

As Laura said, "Yes! Intimidating, inspiring and sometimes mind-blowing." Me too!

It's really a joy for me to "tune" in here and read the threads and see the pictures, it's like sitting around a quilt frame and chatting with my quilting friends yakking about our work, family........well, doing lots of yakking! LOL!

Originally posted by sewhappy

I really LOVE the Pictures & Inspiration forum tho I do find it to be alittle intimidating also. But once I admire the quilting and make the usual mental notes (I think I will try this on my ______ quilt-I was wondering what to do there.) I then begin to notice that I have some of the same fabric she used. & I can remember where I bought it!! LOL I like to think that we of great minds think alike!!!;) Do you do this also??

Patty

Yes, I agree with you, Patty. :)

I agree, I also love our ongoing Show N Tell, don't have to wait for guild meeting or worry about missing anything. you can always find what is new and what is old. Shanna recognize my fabrics from a Moda challenge on my Drunkards path. The LQS had left over packages or challenge fabric after the challenge and they sold them all packaged up in a paint can at a sale price. I bought a pail, not knowing what I would do with it as it was such a good deal! When we had Betty Kizer come to our guild and give classes I decided to take my paint can and use it for the class. So all these fabrics went together and made a great project, I think it is about 5 years ago that Betty was at our guild.

Shana if you have a picture of your Moda challenge with these fabrics would you post a picture for us.

Beginners like us can be challenged by the great work we see here instead of intimidated as there is nothing but encouragement and praise on this site and we will all aspire to higher levels because of it.

Archived