Sending Machine in to Factory

Has anyone sent their machine in to the factory for an overhaul? I have a 2005 Millie and I'm wondering if I should send her in. She stitches pretty good, the worst thing is getting the little knots in the points. Other than that I really don't have any complaints. But I have never timed her, and I sometimes think she needs a good going over. Just wondering out loud...

Yes, I sent my 2005 Millie and my 2006 Liberty. It was well worth the time and cost for me. They upgraded the circuit boards, greased, timed, replaced worn bushings and replaced the hook assemble...and what ever else it needed. The machines ran like new...purred like a kitten.

Go for it, you won't regret it.:D

I sent my '02 Millie in when the new hopping foot came out. Connie went through it, it had to be re-timed because of the new foot and frankly it ran better than when it was brand new I thought.

I wouldn't hesitate at all sending my machine in again.

The reason I sent mine was that I knew we should and I had never done it. I had problems with needle up/down. My thread cutter was broke. It just didn't seem to run right. I was considering a different brand before MQS, just to try them out and see what I thought. If I bought a different machine I would have put mine up for sale and I wanted it tip top shape when someone else bought it. At MQS I test drove a new Millie with quilt glide and edge rider wheels. Whew!! That is a dream ride!! I want that set up....when I win the lottery I'm getting it! When I start playing the lottery, I'll let you know ;) Any way, Amy worked her magic. My machine was low on grease. Timing was probably not right. I wanted that new foot (not new now...but new to me), she replaced quite a few things and tweaked quite a few others. My machine runs like a top and purrs like a kitten. I won't be changing machines.....unless the lottery thing.....

I sent my 2005 Millie in at the end of April, it wasn't stitching right, I was fighting the tension all the time. It was noisy even tho' we'd cleaned out the grease and repacked it really well. And after 4 years and hundreds of quilts it needed some TLC. The shipping was UPS with minimal insurance, I can't remember the amount but it only cost me $60.00 or so. Amy will send you all the info as to how to pack it and ship it. The cost I think depends on what YOUR machine needs, I needed a new motor and rocker assembly, so my repair wasn't the norm. The service dept. folk will call you with anything that needs to be changed, replaced or upgraded so there isn't any surprise to the costs and you do get to decide.

E-mail or call Amy or Christie and they will get you set up, but do have it done. We have a large investment in these wonderful machines and we do need to take care of them!

Originally posted by hmerrill

Mary Beth,

So are the new machines now coming with edge riders?

No, I don't think so. This machine was set up in one of the class rooms. I don't know who set it up or why the put the edge riders on the machine.

I had talked to Claudia before MQS about the quilt glide. She told me not to worry about that feature, since I didn't already have it, she didn't think I would need it. Then she tried that machine and after MQS my DH and I took her out on the town....she sang it's praises. She loved the feel of that machine too. In fact, that machine was set up in one of the classes she was teaching. She grabbed my arm and said, "you have to try this!" It was so nice. If APQS is not endorsing the wheels....they should. I think they would see sells sky rocket!!

Archived