Heidi is finally done marking!- now with sneak peak

Thanks Bonnie. I can of course pick out every little mistake!

Shana - I just recently joined and you are right they are getting better and better. She does amazing work. I wish that I had more time to do that type of quilting. It is what I love. I keep coming up with ideas but no time to execute them. I do book time in for me though, just not enough! Oh and so glad you can't blame the spending on me.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shana, Hi! thanks for explaining!! I think I actually understand what you mean! :D I would love to get the microdrive handles... I was watching a video that Sherry Rogers had on Facebook today and she is making lots and lots of little circles! I would think the microdrives would help not make those wobbly... Oh! I just love this place!! I am learning sooooo much!! Thanks again, Shana!!

Linda I wouldn't be able to quilt like this if it weren't for my micro drive handles. I'm still trying to decide if I need to get edge rider wheels. I just don't want to waste $160 The last two nights I feel like my machine is pulling on me but there is nothing wrapped around the wheels and the table is level and I can't think of what else to check. The wheels seem right. I wonder if one of my wheels has gone bad. Not sure. I only notice it when I'm doing intricate work. I really notice it when I try to use the handles and not the micro drive handle. Just doesn't feel smooth for whatever reason.

Linda, check with your Rep or click on the APQS site, click on Supplies and Accessories, click on Hartley Products and you should see the handles in the top right window. There are two sizes, one for 2008 and above and one for 2007 down.

Heidi,

Your quilting is beautiful! We can't wait to see it when you are finished! What a great idea with the foam on the micro drive handles, I think I will give that a try too as I am working on an applique quilt with lots of detail. I am curious what you find about the hanging up on your machine, mine seems to do that same thing every once in a while and I can not figure it out either, I have checked everything. It is frustrating as sometimes I end up having to pick out bad stitches because of it. I find that cleaning the wheels and the rails seems to help but then it happens again eventually, could it be carbon buildup on the tracks or wheels? Let us know if you figure it out! In the meantime, we can't wait to see your finished quilt!

Vicki

Vicki,

No the machine is clean. I try to give it a good clean after each quilt. I did find a thread around the front wheel but it didn't change once it was removed. I'm thinking I have a bad wheel somewhere. It has been two years since I got my machine so I figure it is time to change them out. I just ordered edgerider wheels and hope that solves the problem! I've heard such good things about them. I'll keep you posted. It is still going to be a while before I get this one finished. I have to get some customer quilts done. The one I'm getting ready to put on is an applique and it is beautiful! I can't wait to quilt that puppy. I'm waiting on my batting shipment. She wants wool. I thought I still had some but NOT! It should come by tomorrow.

Archived