About the stapler thing...

I can't seem to wrap my brain around the stapler for the loading. Can someone show a picture of the stapler and explain how you use it? I probably sound ultra dense at this point. I've googled florists staplers but apparently there are as many different kinds of them as there are ben and jerry's ice cream.

Thanks

Tracey

Tracey,

Here is the stapler. I use zippers with gross grain ribbon attached to it. That way I don't ruin my zippers and can easily replace the ribbon. You can turn the staple plate on this one so instead of your staples facing in they face out, giving you a very flat staple. This replaces the need for pins. I'm sure you could use on your leaders as well if you didn't have zippers. Hope that helps. http://www.staples.com/Elmers-Rapid-R1-Classic-Plier-Stapler/product_504548?cmArea=SEARCH

I used it just on my leaders for several months before I got my zippers, now I just staple to the zippers....have done several quilts since april and you can't even see where I stapled... although the ribbon idea is a great idea, its just an extra step for me and since I'm basicly a very lazy person, I figure that the zippers are cheap enough that if they last even half as long as my leaders have then I won't feel bad in replacing them...;););)

Originally posted by hmerrill

Bonnie I guess you could say I'm cheaper than you!

I wouldn't go that far....my leaders have been on the machine for 12 years and roughly 3000+ quilts so I figure if the zippers last half that long I won't be putting any new zippers on in this lifetime... since I no longer quilt for others, I figure one set should last me my lifetime left.:P:P

Sheryl,

I haven't forgotten about you and I'm working on it. I'm trying to get the boots stitched and pics and staples are next. I have to add ribbon to my 2nd set of zippers so hopefully I'll get it done tonight! Be just a little more patient. My hubby insists on dinner and last night I did the take-out thing so tonight it is homemade!

Archived