thread

I use this thread all the time. It is WAY thicker than So Fine. I use bottomline in the bobbin and this on top on my HQ.

I also piece with it and to compensate for it being thick move my needle over a bit more than with Masterpiece(my fav thread but very pricey).

The price is great and I have learned to work with it.

I use the Essential thread quite a lot, it compares to Aurifil in weight and produces lint like it. A drop of Sewers Aid works well to keep the lint down. I don't have a proplem with it unraveling or breaking and thread it from the back of my machine like the cones. The price is sure right and I also buiy the big cones when on sale. You can't beat $7.99 for 3000 yards.

I used a cone of it when I did a quilt on my DSM. I found it to make a TON of lint. I had to totally clean my machine about three times in the course of the 81 x 81 quilt. Each time, I had nearly a golf ball sized wad of lint above the needle (a loose wad, like a dust bunny.) Keeping in mind I was sewing on my DSM, I had to experiment with my needles sizes, as it frayed at the needle. I'd be sewing along, and the thread would form a blob above the needle, and it would break. I have not used it on my longarm, and do not plan to use it again. The cheaper price is not worth the headaches, in my opinion.

Archived