saddle stools and circle lord

Does anyone have any information that might be able to share with me about use/purchase of a saddle stool for use with the APQS machine? I've been thinking about this for awhile, but not done anything about getting one. Does anyone use one? If so, where did you get it, what do you recommend, how much, etc., etc.

Secondly, I'm also debating the Circle Lord. I love the looks of these designs, but I'm quite hesitant due to the cost. Again, what knowledge do you have about this product that you can share?

Thanks in advance to you all.

Becky,

I have a saddle stool and don't use it very much because I move around too much. If I had the patience to do really small stippling or Mct'ing it would be great to use.

I also have the Circle Lord and several templates. I love it. I know a lot of people want to work from the front of the machine but I have no problems setting up and centering my designs using my CL. Michael is wonderful to work with and his products are top notch.

Pamela

I use my saddle stool when doing work that doesn't have me moving a lot - that would also include when I sit and rip out stitching! Bugger that that is.

Here's another chat that discussed saddle stools with a lot of information. http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=18091&page=1#pid209712

But, if you haven't ridden horses (I hadn't) be prepared for a little soreness where you don't expect it when you first start using it!

I have a saddle stool and wouldn't get rid of it for anything. with short legs, it makes me taller, and with back problems, when I can sit instead of stand, I sit.

I use the toe of one foot to scoot me back and forth when working on e2e or all over patterns.. haven't had any problems since I learned how. don't remember price for sure, thinking it was $139, don't know who I ordered it from. google saddle stools.. get the kind with the swivel seat shaped similar to a tractor seat, and with a foot ring and wheels. Metal and vinyl covered seat.

RitaR

Hi Becky!

I don't know how well you know your way aronf the forum, but there is a section called Gadgets and Goodies. If you go to that one there is a subsection in it that is dedicated to the Circle Lord. There are many discussions there that deal with any questions you might have, and Michael monitors it on occasion and might jump in and visit with you.

Also, there is a search feature at the top of every page. You can enter saddle stool there and set it to search from the beginning and it will bring up every post with those words in it. Just like Google! Yay! I love our search feature here! I think it will answer more questions than you can think to ask, including good places to buy!

Can't help you regarding the saddle stool, but I can regarding Circle Lord. The CL is awesome. Don't let the cost scare you. Most of the templates have numerous designs you can create. Even some of the giant templates. Plus, CL has this great payment plan where you can pay monthly. I am one of the few who prefers working from the back of the machine and the CL products offer so many wonderful choices. You would be amazed.

I have a saddle stool and I've had it since I got my machine. I use it all the time and wouldn't be without it. As Rita, I sit and do my pantos and I use it from the front of the machine too. There aren't many times I don't use it.

I can't say anything about the CL, as I have never had one. I have the Quiltazoid and The Topper and love them. I find with tools like this is that you have to sometimes remind yourself that you ahve one and come up with many ways of using it. I don't like doing the same thing over and over again so with that being said I find that the Quiltazoid gives me lots and lots of options.

Hmmmm. I have a saddle stool and I don't use it. Like Rita, I have short legs. I found that if I put the stool low enough that my feet reach the floor, I'm too low to easily quilt. If I raise it up, I have no stability because my feet are just dangling.

I don't have the CL, Quiltazoid, or Topper, but a purchase is in the works. ;)

I'm 4' 11.5" and thank goodness for the saddle stool! I have the one where I can move the lower foot rest bar up where I need it. We all should take a video of ourselves on them and how we scoot ourselves over from side to side - I use a lot of hip action - maybe we could win the $100,000 on America's Funniest Videos!

Archived