APQS Info

I just called the only two quilt fabric shops - both in Hagerstown, MD 'looking' for APQS information. Both told me there were no APQS long arm machines in the county. The one girl told me "she never heard of that brand".

Would anybody happen to know if it's true that there are

no APQS machines in Washington County, MD? Any information will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Judie

I'm so giggling right now...you have FOUR APQS dealers in Maryland...and that's a lot considering how small the state is.... contact them and they will tell you where the machines are and even help you check one out I'm sure....

http://www.apqs.com/dealers.php?country=us&stateprovince=Maryland

click here it will take you to them.

And from what I can see you have one in Hagerstown....isn't that in Washington County???

Judie, I'm not from Hagerstown but grew up in the area. I graduated from Waynesboro High School. Anyway, if you check the APQS homepage, there's a button for "dealer locations". There is a dealer listed for Hagerstown, Diana Smith at 301-788-3555. There are 3 others in MD but not as close, Myrna Ficken is close (Germantown, I think) and she's an award winning quilter and super great teacher. There's a dealer in Lancaster PA also. I now live in Southern Virginia but travel to Gettsyburg and Waynesboro many times a year. I know that the one LQS in Hagerstown is strictly a Gammill Shop and only recommends Gammill. They tell customers that other machines are useless and a waist of money. This is a little sad because they are vendors at a lot of shows in PA/MD/VA. All the reps and APQS will answer any questions you have, welcome to our group. I will be attending the Sewing and Quilt Expo (Dulles EXPO Center, Chantilly/Washington DC) on Friday but there won't be any APQS machines. Just yell if you need anything else, we're all one big family here.

Hi Judie. I live in Laurel MD. I would be happy to help you. You can come test drive, get your questions answered, get your training, and other classes. Please give me a call 435-229-2703 cell or 301-725-2057 house. I am getting on a plane in about 30 minutes to come home from teaching in SD. I will get in late tonight. You can leave me a message and when I can call you back

Myrna Ficken

Darn, I can't get to the show until Friday:( Would love to meet with you. I have to run an Emergency Mass Casualty Exercise on Thursday, this darn day job is really getting in the way of my quilting (but it does pay for lots of toys). I love the diversity of the Sewing and Quilt Expo. Lots of great embroidery stuff and I do that for a business also.

Archived