Edgerider Wheels in stock!!

Hi Patty. I spoke with you before! I consider myself pretty computer literate, but I tried and tried and your website doesn't like/won't accept my Canadian address. I want to place an order but can't. Can you help me out? Send me a U2U.

Also, I have Circle Lord as well - will there be additional steps for installation?

Thanks!

Thank you Caroline. Yes, the shopping cart only works for US orders. It does not figure shipping and have space for the province. It is easiest just to email me and I will manually take the order.

Dell, glad to hear you are enjoying them. Hope Barbara is as well.

Hi Patty. I think everything is taken care of as my order is in! I can't wait to get them, although I'm a bit stressed about the installation part.

A couple of questions, that might apply to others - is there any difference in the installation if you have your machine already raised for the Circle Lord? Also, I read in previous posts that removing your carriage altogether makes it easier to install the wheels - but that just frightens me more! Is that necessary? I have 'shimmies' supplied when I did the Circle Lord installation to lift my carriage - will those do?

Thanks again!

Caroline, you can just use the shims that you have and not have to take the head off the table. The ER wheels are about 1/4" taller than the black wheels, so you won't need to put back as many washers to raise the carriage for the CL.

Just follow the directions you will get with the wheels. If you need more height for the CL, then add washers under the carriage one at a time til you get the height you need.

Call or email if you have any questions during install.

Okay... just received my edgeriders. Thank you very much, Patty - BUT I thought you were coming along for the ride (and the install) :D

Seriously, I am anxious to get these little buggers installed, but will be taking a 2 week trip to the East Coast, starting this evening. Can my "homemade" Technician handle the install on his own? Or would it be better to wait, so that he will have an extra pair of helping hands for the task?

We have raised the machine head for the Circle Lord (and the take-up rollers. Will that have to be adjusted for the ER wheels? Will that impact my ability to use my other "toys" - ruler base, Circle Lord, etc??? I noticed on the instructions that if you have made adjustments for the Hartley Fence, you would have to readjust for the ER Wheels.

Thank you, again, Patty, for your great service (and support). Even from a distance.

Barbara

Hi Barbara. You already received them? That was fast. Good for the PO!! Believe me, I wish I could be there! Sure could use a vacation about now;)

Yes, it can be tackled by one person if you shim the machine like you did to raise it for the CL. Or, he can take the head off completely and work on one axle at a time. Whatever the 2 of you feel most comfortable with.

I have found that some men don't read the instructions and "come up with their own way" ;) which isn't always the best. I have had to go re-install some locally. So that is up to you!

The ER wheels are about 1/4" taller than the black wheels, so when installing, you won't need to use as many washers as you needed for the CL to get the height. Make sure you use what it calls for, for the actual wheel installation and then add one at a time for the cl if you even need to. the wheels alone may add enough height. I no longer have my CL basic so I don't know for sure if you need more height. I do have some of the Kaching templates and the wheels alone raised the carriage enough for that.

All of your other tools will work fine since you have already raised your rollers.

email me if you need to or "homemade" technician needs to. And have a wonderful trip!

I ordered my Edgerider wheels from Patty on Saturday afternoon. It was already mid-afternoon in Florida. I received them today in Idaho - I think that is awesome service above and beyond! Hope to get them installed tomorrow - my DH is already "booked" for today.

Thank you, Patty!

Teri in Nampa, ID

ahhh... how can those edgeriders get to Hawaii faster than they can get to Canada?? (sigh) that Customs officer must be playing with mine....:(

one question though.... will the edgeriders raise the machine enough for the Circle Lord? I don't have a CL yet, but eventually I want either the CL or the Quiltazoid. If I knew how much to raise the machine when I put the Edgeriders on, it would save the trouble of having to do it if I get the CL later....

Hi Sharon. I just received mine esterday and I think they were shipped close to the same day. They went through customs - but they did get opened and maybe that was the delay. They must look funny through the scanner/xray or something to have them do that. I've never had a package oped by customs before.

Don't worry - you'll get them soon! Then there's the fun of installing them. I'm hoping to do that this weekend. Maybe we can share installation stories... I also have a Circle Lord - but a quick read through the instruction shows me that they have some special notes for Circle Lord setup..

Thanks Caroline. I got them today! woohoo! it not only feels like Christmas, it looks like Christmas here too.... sooo much snow today! ugh, I am not ready for winter.... :o

hope to get my edgeriders installed this weekend too.... DH says he doesn't think it will be any trouble.... we'll see! Guess I won't try to raise the machine up for the Circle Lord that I don't have yet... I'll cross that bridge when I get to it... but thanks for the tip! Good Luck with your installation!

Archived