Installing Edge Rider wheels Need assistance

eswindy

I worked all day installing the edge rider wheels, by my self.

But now the lower carriage on the table moves really hard. Not sure what I did wrong. The top carriage moves with ease. I read the instuctions 5 times before installing and 5 times more while installing. Any suggestion need.

No the channel lock is not on, and I added the number of washer that the instructions called for. When I loosen them up then the stitch regulator moves around but the wheels turn. I am going to take them off again and again count the washers.

I had this problem. It took me 2 days and calm telephone support from the excellent Sue from Oz.

Firstly there is no right number of washers, check with a spirit level to see the carriage is still level, then add or subtract washers as neeed. Also if your stitch regulator is wiggling check and see if it is working if not you need to adjust it so the small black wheel which engages it, is nested inside the edgerider wheel.

When I got my edgeriders, the instructions were awful!!! Since then I think Patty B helped re-write them. They were terrible for me and my DH to put on! We were yelling at each other and I finally put him in the corner and told him to "shut up"!!~ hahaha Just kidding! But they were frustrating to get on right. And the number of washers does not matter as long as it is level. In fact, I think it was SheriB who bought a bunch of new washers and started there. Don't forget about the long bolts going through the channel lock wheels. Oh, and those are a real treat to take apart and put back together. You need at least 3 more hands with 2 more fingers!!

Good luck!!

I guess that I am in the minority here. I really found the ER wheels easy to install. It took my husband and I less than an hour to install them...and the machine was still on the frame. We followed the original directions with no problems.

Edie, please let us know how it is going. I am certain if any of us could help more, we would! :)

We all want to see you quilting again.

Archived