Eye loops

They are hardly new. It is a jewelers loup used for viewing diamonds, watches etc. The factory is now carrying them or you can get it at Ace Hardware. The normal power is 4X. They are great for timing your machine because the focal length is just about right. The normal machine owner should not have to time their machine very often. Timing is seldom an issue.

John

Hi All,

The "jeweler's " loop has been around forever, the ones that we carry are 5x's magnified and they are spelled loup...

They place we found them was at Ace hardware...

John is right, timing isn't always an issue, however, it is a great thing to have, as sooner or later you will need to check your timing and this will help you to see what you need to see, I have talked to many people and they can't quite see what they need to.... or they think it looks right, but then it ends up not being right! Also, you can look at the pigtails and see if you have a grove starting...

This loup really helps for people who have bi-focals...

I don't have bi-focals Yet...lol... but, I wouldn't even time a machine without one of these!

Have a Great Day!

Huh... I really could have used one of these this past weekend! I'm going to pick one up tonight because I'm still having a problem with my machine and I'm not 100% certain the timing is right.

In talking with Jill Swain today, she mentioned that the hardware store carries an abrasive thread I need to use to take out any burrs that might be on my machine. Does anyone know what it's called?

I'm heading to Ace Hardware shortly. Wish me luck.

Many thanks go to Connie, Jill Swain and Mike Ferris in Vista for all the support these past few days.

Just got back after stopping at Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace Hardware and Savon. No one had the jeweler's loup or a magnifying glass 4X or 5X. And I struck out on the abrasive thread. The closest I could find was a stainless steel wire with loops covered with red plastic tubing -- used by plumbers to cut PVC pipe. I don't think this is what she was talking about.

Does anyone have any other ideas as to where I can find what I need?

;)

Hey tusistas,

If you call in and talk to Amy or Misty at the 800-426-7233 ext.6 they can sell you the loup as I think we now have them in stock. The cord is called Emery Cloth that you can tear in strips. I think you can find this at most auto parts stores.

Good luck!

After I returned home from the maintenance class, I was able to locate a loup at a local camera store. At that time APQS didn't stock them. (As soon as the class ended for the day, we all raced over to the Ace store by the factory only to find that they had sold out.) So, if you can't wait for one to be shipped, you can call the nearest camera/photo shop.

Lorrie in MN

Hi Bonbon,

The Loup is a little eye glass, that is 5 X's magnigied and is a great tool for checking and re-timing your machine, also looking at your pig-tails and hook for burrs....

I use one most everyday and take it everywhere with me...

We now have them available for sale... They are $ 10.15

It is something that is money well spent.. you will need one sooner or later!

I'm really excited about finally getting some in to sell to all of you, as they are just like the ones we use here at the factory!

Have a Great Day!

The cord I use when i repair machines is MITCHELL'S Abrasive cords and tapes No. 52 Manufactured in USA by E.C. Mitchell Co. Middleton, Mass 01949-0907 A 50 foot roll in a tin can was $9.95, but that was awhile ago. I also use crocus cloth from Clotilde for polishing off rusty parts. I have a lot of really old machines, some were very neglected.

Archived