Just a Doodle From the Dark Side

circlelord

Hi,

I was checking out the Mini-Featherz template to see if there was a problem with the template. After doing the 3.5" wreath in the center, I just kept going. Did the 2 circles around the feathers using circle holes on the template. You just put a card over the stepping pin and spin it. The spiders are also from the Mini-Feathers. Some bubbles made with the 6" sqircle, diamonds from the Diamondz template and a Mini-Gingo wreath. Just eyeballed the centering. I guess one eyeball is a little off.

All the concentric curves were done with either the 6" sqircle, or the 12" sqircle. The 13" outer circle was done with the Large Circle Blade.

All the positioning was done freehand, just moving the base plate around and finding centers.

And, it was done from the back.

Cheers,

Michael

http://inlinethumb23.webshots.com/29270/2770806930039190341S500x500Q85.jpg

Isn't the QZ about the same price? Did I read you are having some trouble with that too??

I have no problems with my CL. Yes, there is some backtracking; but even with freehand custom quilting I have some backtracking.

I am quilting, not doing brain surgery!:P:P

Oh well, we all have our likes and dislikes. Good thing we don't all like the same things, and I mean no disrespect to you Monica. Your work is very beautiful!:P

Hi,

You can see the Youtube video showing how the Doodle from the Dark Side was made. Don't worry, it's in high speed. Zips right thru it.

This is what we did with the Circle Lord 8 years ago, when there were no templates, except the Ovals. It just made Circles, Medallions and Doodles.

Hey! We're not looking for an Oscar.

Cheers,

Michael

Archived