Just saw DeLoas's lights WOW

dave will install these when he is in your area for free, we will be in Louisiana in march for my "Louisiana style retreat" so we will be passing through a lot of states on our way down there so get your orders in, dave builds these in his shop. he will be in PA tomorrow, Detroit on Monday Las Vegas the rest of the week, pheonix the following week and in the Los Angeles area in two weeks, contact him if you want lights or a service call on your APQS machine.

my "Louisiana style retreat" will feature, Jammie Wallen, Jessica Brunnemer, DeLoa Jones, Dave Jones classes are limited, and spots are filling up fast, for more info contact Sandra at the quilt corner quilt shop, link is below

http://www.thequiltcornerllc.com/

thanks

DeLoa

I have 3 APQS machines and I have Dave's lights on all of them. I love the lights. I can actually adjust where the light is positioned on my quilt. The swivels are great!!

Cathy just call me at the shop or on my cell and I can tell you about the lightsw. Dave built the ones that we have in the shop.

Sandra

• 3 weeks later...

Dave Jones was in California this week and he stopped by and installed my new lights. The video really doesn't do them justice. They make so much difference. The clarity and colour is so much better, they are the daylight type lights rather like Ott lights. The light mounted underneath has solved all my problems. I now don't have to crawl around on the floor with a flashlight trying to see the stitches on the bottom of my quilt. I can now see when I have tension problems. I think that is a good thing!

Sue

If you have a batting bar underneath your rmachine, will the underneath lighting system still work? I can see the advantage of having lighting under the quilt but I also don't want to give up my batting bar. I don't think the top lighting will work for me since I have a low ceiling and already have flourescent lighting installed but sure would like the bottom lighting....Mercedes

Mercedes,

My frame doesn't have a batting bar so I am not sure. I think that the bottom light probably is mounted on the bar. Is the batting bar also the truss for the larger tables? I do remember Dave saying that mine would have to mounted differently because it didn't have a truss. I can understand you not wanting to give up the batting bar but it is wonderful to be able to see the back of the quilt.

Sue

Archived