Lilla Got A Make Over!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Liam, your daughter is right; most girls love purple. I mentioned to a customer that I noticed every one of her quilts has purple in it. She said she never noticed, but once she thought about it she realized that she always uses purple somewhere!! I can't show her yours pics, she will try to talk me into getting my Millie a paint job, too!! Glad you are feeling better!

Vickie Oliver

Beachside Quilter

APQS Rep SW FL

Liam, I love the machine. I have been thinking of hiring someone to paint my Ultimate I. Wow, I have a Freedom and Millie too so I hope I don't get the fever to do all of them. Would you mind giving me some pointers in case I decide to do it myself? What type of spray gun did you use? How long did you let it dry between coats? Did you do it in a ventilated dust free room?

Or should I just hire a professional. I am pretty good with machinery and can take my machine apart and put it back together.

In advance, I thank you,

Sandra

Liam might have found a new career! If only we can talk him into it!;)

I have seen the re-painted Featherweights and they are fabulous. Auto-grade paint application has many steps and clear-coat applications--and is expensive because of that. If someone wants to give it a try--do a panel at a time. Then if you change colors for each panel, you will have a true patchwork!:P

(Denny!!! I know what I want for Christmas!!........he's rolling his eyes!:P)

Originally posted by Liam1964

After she was completely dry I put her back together with new screws (alum. screws strip easy)

She is a beauty!!

My DH hates the screws on my Millie....he gripes everytime he has to do anything...mumbling "why any company would put this crap on a piece of equipment.....(mumble, grumble, yada-yada)";)

Mary Beth I know where you DH is coming from, I don't like the aluminum screws either. APQS machines are made of aluminum, a soft light weight metal. Aluminum screws are used so the threaded holes don't become strip'd out, steel screws can easily strip the threads.

Sandra I sent a U2U to you.

Archived