Pantograph w/setting triangle

smd719

Good morning!

I have a customer quilt set on-point with setting triangles every row. She wants a panto design. How in the world do I do that with the triangles?

I'm thinking maybe having -2- start/stop markers on the panto? Any suggestions would be welcome.

This is going to be a nightmare.

Hi Stephanie,

Oh goodie goodie this sounds like fun! :D

The more I think about how to do it, the more crazy it is... so if I were you, when I get near the edge where the block is ending on point I would move to the front of the machine and continue by doing freehand of the panto design for that tiny triangle area. Would be much easier, would take less time, and you'd still get to keep your hair (thus avoiding pulling it out at the roots)

Shana: Good idea! I"ll check the pattern and see if that will work out somehow.

Holly: That would be WAY too easy...she wants something DIFFERENT in the setting triangles. AND...the quilt has a 3" border and she wants something different in there too!!! I've tried talking to her, but NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO. Could be my first/last quilt from her.

Repeat after me--and repeat to HER--"Pantographs are overall designs.":o:o:D

Tell her if she want starts and stops and different designs placed specifically--that is custom quilting.

Then quote her your custom price.

At least then you will make some money for all the time this quilt will eat up!;)

Linda R is right on. You are in control of what you do or don't do. If you let her dictate this to you on her first quilt, she will want to continue that pattern through all of the next quilts that she brings to you.

And I agree with Holly. If she wants a panto, it is an all over design, that is why we charge less for them, because there aren't all the starts and stops.

Stephanie - you are in the drivers seat on this one. Don't let her bamboozal ya girl!:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Their all quite right. Having to stop and do other quilting in different blocks is custom quilting. You should charge her as so. As stated above, a panto is an all-over design and starts at the edge and continues to the other edge, unless otherwise stated as custom. zeke.................. I've done many of this type of quilting and have always charged as a custom job.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived