Does anyone in the UK have a Lenni which I could have a look at?

Hi,

I am new to the site, and have gathered lots of great information from this forum, many thanks to all.

I am considering purchasing a Lenni, although as I am in the UK there do not seem to be many owners. I would love to actually see one in action, would anyone in the UK be willing to let me have a look at one in real life ????????

Many thanks

Janette

:D:)

Hi,

Thank you very much for your kind offer. I will let you know if I still need to have a play. Chris has kindly offered to let me have a lesson with her, and I think she is a bit closer to me (I am in Colchester.)

Are you pleased with your purchase? Are you in business as a Longarmer, or do you quilt for your own pleasure ? Do you ever wish you had gone for the larger machine?

Hi Janette,

I am really pleased with my Lenni.

At the moment I only quilt for me. I am still at the PPPing stage but hope by Christmas to take the next step. Watch this space. I would have loved a Millie but I would have had to rearrange the whole house to fit one in.

If you have the room I would go for a Millie.

Tracy G

Hi Tracey

It is not just the space, but the financing that is the problem, it is such a financial leap from the Lenni to the Freedom (which is the other one I am looking at) I hope to quilt for others when I am confident to, but just in case I am completely useless at it then I think I will end up getting the Lenni which I can almost justify the cost just for me. It is such a shame that importy duty, vat and shipping bump up the prices so much, and there is just not that second hand market in the UK that there is in the US.

Anyway, glad you are enjoying your machine, I can't wait until one of my own !!! It is such a huge decision to make!

Thanks again

Janette

Hi Janette,

Welcome to the forum.

I also have the Lenni and I love My little Dove. Though I am still in the PPP stage.Still doing edge to edge :P I live up the north east of England and you are very welcome to come and play. Though it sounds like Chris is the closest to you.

If room and financing had not been a problem I would have loved to get the Millie, but the Lenni is still a lot of machine, just does not have some of the fancy stuff the Millie has and a little less stitching space.

Previously I had the pfaff next generation frame which gave me about 7" of space going down to about 3 1/2 as the take up roller got thicker. So having around 15" sewing space with my Lenni is great and the space does not get smaller because of the

Dead bar.

Good luck with your decision, If you choose the Lenni I am sure you will love her !!!

KathG

Thanks for your welcome, yes Chris is nearer to me, and I am going for a visit her very soon, but thank you also for your offer. It is so nice to hear your views on the Lennie, I currently have a Handiquilter table top frame, which I use my Pfaff creative 2 on which has 10 inches throat, but the design of the shape of the machine restricts it down to about 4 or 5 inches at the end of a quilt. One of the reasons that I like the Lenni, is the table and the four bar system, as it seems that there is always the same amount of quilting space regardless of how much is on the take up bar. Is that right ? I am sure I will see for myself pretty soon.

Thanks again for your welcome.

Janette

Linzi

Many thanks for your post too !! I am getting pretty excited now !! I have arranged the 27th November for a lesson with Chris, so not long to wait until I experience it for myself.

It is an excellent idea for you to have one in your studio for people to test out or use in a lesson.

I am sure I will be up to Scotland for a few more lessons yet !!!

Take care,

Janette:)

Originally posted by Janette

KathG

One of the reasons that I like the Lenni, is the table and the four bar system, as it seems that there is always the same amount of quilting space regardless of how much is on the take up bar. Is that right ? I am sure I will see for myself pretty soon.

Thanks again for your welcome.

Janette

Hi Janette, Yes that is right. It makes so much difference.

Also on my old Pfaff frame I was always having to raise the take up bar as the quilt got thicker. My hands used to hurt from loosing and tightening the knobs, so it is great not having to do that any more.

Also I just thought I would mention, that I think Chris has the two part table with the plastic track. I belive now that they only supply the all metal tables, which are a one piece table.

Hi KathG

Thanks for that helpful info, I have seen odd bits of information about the two piece table online, is yours the one piece metal table and how long have you had yours?

I know what you mean about raising the take up bar, I have to do that on the handiquilter, and my hands are red raw after finishing a quilt!

How many quilts have you managed so far on your new Lenni? I expect you whizz through them now.

It is so nice to find this forum because there is so much information freely given !

Thanks again,

Janette :)

Hi KathG

Were you pleased with your quilt results? I have been watching alot of the video clips on the APQS you tube channel, which I think are really good. I havent made my decision yet which model to go for (but suspect it will be the Lenni) and I am awaiting shipping quotes at the moment, (Linzi is working very hard for me!) I want everything straight away - I am like a little kid with a christmas list - and here I am telling my youngest that he has to wait 5 weeks till Christmas !!!

Do you ever wish you went for a 12 foot table? or do you find the 10 ft perfectly OK ?

Happy quilting !!

Hi Janette

Reasonably pleased, it is my lack of skill that is the problem :D I did buy some of the Circle Lord boards and some from R & S Designs too.

They are really great as they allow you to get some quilts finished, while you are going through the learning process.

The 12 ft table would have been nice, but i do not have the room for that size. If you have the room and you eant to do quilts wider than say 108" then i would go for the 12ft, though for myself i do not think i will ever make a quilt wider than 108"

Good luck with your choice, If you chooose the Lenni I am sure you will love her.

Hi Kath

Glad you were pleased with your first results. I doubt I would ever quilt anything over 108", the biggest I have done for me is about 80 odd inches, and that was plenty big enough for a double bed. (well a UK double anyway!!) I am hoping to quilt for others and that may be a different story.:P

I haven't heard of the circle lord boards or r& s boards, but will check them out, I have seen the EZ ones so assume they are very similar. Are they easier than following a pantograph?

Anyway, take care,

Hi Janette,

If you can fit a 12ft table in I would get one, as if you have a large quilt you will have somewhere to park the head when not quilting. I would have loved a 12ft table but could only fit a 10ft in the room that Betty was going to be in, no matter which way I looked at it!!!

I have just ordered some RnS boards from the States and a stylus. They are the same as EZ boards. I am hoping they are easier to use than a pantograph. My 1st attempt at a pantograph was amusing to say the least.

Any questions just ask,as the people here on this forum are fantastic , if they don't know the answer they will find out for you.

Kath G and I got our machines within weeks of each other. We are both well versed n the excitement of waiting for our Lenni to arrive. It was Christmas in July and August for us two:D:D:D

Kath G

Hope you are okay. I had the flu the week after returning from my hols and spent nearly a week in bed. I managed to do some hand piecing. Just about back on my feet. Had my swine flu/ordinary flu jabs last week. The swine flu jab made my arm sore for 4 days. At least the Doc was kind and asked me what hand I wrote with. I told him more importantly was what hand did I use to sew with. Hence the left arm got it:D:D

Santa is coming early:) :)I have bought some RnS boards to play with. Will let you know how it goes with them and I'll hopefuly post some pictures once I've had a practice with them.

I've still to upload my holiday pics, but I' let you know when I do.

Happy quilting

Tracy

PS The fabric fairy has visited several times. Have a look at Quilters Cloths website.

Hi Tracy

Thanks for the tips. I might go for the 12ft table, but still sizing things up etc. I would like to fit my horn cabinet in aswell, we'll see, I haven't put my order in just yet, hopefully there will be some offers soon on the Lenni! I havent got my studio sorted out yet ! and I should get that sorted out first before I get the machine!

Hope your rns boards are good. I have actually just been looking on their website, and watched a few you tube videos they look really accurate. I like the look of the EZ stylus though. I wonder if they are all compatible with each other?

I have done a few pantographs on my handiquilter table top frame and pfaff machine, I bought a couple of those little laser lights for a couple of pound each and blue tacked them to the carriage, and it worked a treat !! only the batteries only last for a few hours! Is the laser stylus on the lenni powered by electric along with the machine, or does it take batteries?

Thanks for your help !! Hope to speak to you again.

Hi Janette,

Batteries are not required for the laser as it is powered from the Lenni.

I am not sure whether the EZ stylus is compatible with the RnS boards. Anyone out there in know?

My sewing/craft room measures 6ft 6" x 10ft. I have now taken ownership of the dining room for my machine. The dining room table fits nicely under the Lenni table!!!! Xmas dinner will be either at the kitchen table or on our knees in the lounge:D:D:D:D:D

We are planning on moving when DH leaves the services. High on my list of priorities is a Studio or at least a room that will fit everything in. I just need to win the lottery.

Tracy G

Hi Tracy

Know what you mean, a lottery win would be the answer ! Have just put a deposit on an ex demo Lenni if there are any left hopefully.

LOL re: christmas dinner on your quilt frame !! I might have to claim our dining room for a while until I get my studio built. We are getting a log cabin for the garden about 14 foot by 7.5 foot but have alot of work to do first, like getting rid of everything in our existing shed, putting concrete base down, building cabin etc. My friend has offered some space for a while, so may take her up on it !! Is this table easy to take down and store? They say on the brochure that it is?

Have not yet broken it to hubby that I am ordering one, (although have been talking about it non stop for a while now so I dont think he will be too surprised !!!)

How long did yours take to arrive?:)

Hi Janette

Did you put that order in. Do they rewire an ex demo for the UK voltage or do you have to use a transformer?

I guess you found out that the Lenni only comes on a 10ft table. You would have to go for a different model if you wanted bigger.

I have a Circle Lord that you can try when you come. I'm pretty sure the RnS and EZ stylus are compatible. Circle Lord isn't but you can just buy the stylus if you wanted to use all.

Let us know when and what you decide. It's a hard decision and waiting game but I'm sure you'll be relieved and pleased once it's done.

Archived