Need Ideas

A quilting friend called a month ago or so asking me if I had any time available to do a quilt for her. I was flattered--she is an exquisite quilter. I was flattered until she told me the quilt was for a show, now I am in panic mode! Then when I saw the quilt, I am definitely in panic mode. Any ideas all you expert quilters out there?? She is calling the quilt "Vanishing Desert"

post--13461902889809_thumb.jpg

Yikes Janna!! I am not the quilt police, but please tell your customer before you load this gorgeous top---

That the green 3-D block needs to have one piece removed and turned 180 degrees. It is the white/green triangle(?) piece that is on the right side. If she turns it, the front column will be correct and the white "floor" will be correct.

(especially important if this will go to a show!) I hope you and she don't mind this critique.

Elsewhere in the quilty world--That top is stunning!!! I know you and she will find a gorgeous design--maybe with the help of the design divas here on the chat!!

I am just totally stumped with this quilt and yes, now that the more observant members of our forum mentioned it, I can see that wonky block. Just looking at the quilt, I did not even see the 3D effect until I took the photo to put here on the forum. Any quilting I do is going to be lost in the busy fabric-----

Archived