batting bar?

The batting bar is a round metal pole that hangs down underneath the table.

It's attached to the frame with a smaller round metal pole that clamps on to the machine frame on each end. Then there's a clamp at the bottom of the hanger that the larger batting bar fits into. I could easily attach this myself - it's simple, simple, simple. It does give stability to the batting so it doesn't sag as I think just a rope would make it sag in the middle but not sure. I assume you can order this from APQS but mine came with my machine and I LOVE IT! I can use it for batting or just rest my feet on it while I"m quilting. I do both. I will try to do a picture within the next couple of days but have been having some problems with camera so not sure if I will get it done.....Mercedes

We simply took a fence toprail and welded large washers to the ends of the rail. Then we made a hook mount and it is also welded to the frame.

As I unroll my batting from the back of the machine, the pole pulls against the hook so that the batting cannot 'jump' off the hooks.

To remove the batting bar and easily change rolls of batting, just remove it from the front side of the machine. Easy peasy as Shana would say! :)

The batting bar no longer comes with machines, it is an accessory option for $150.00.

I have a 2003 Millennium that came with the batting bar. It is basically the same as the roller bars and fits into cup supports mounted on each table leg under the table top. I am not sure if this is still how it is mounted, as an accessory.

Archived