NQR choosing small laptop? BOUGHT ONE!

Linzi, good luck with your Dell. I too have a Dell laptop but it is sick and needs some TLC. I can tell you this, tho. The next computer to be purchased at this house will be a MAC. I have been attacked two times on my HP and on my Dell. There is a computer guy that I accidentally pipped off and I know the death crashes were his doing (the timing was right) but who can prove it? It is almost impossible for someone to attach a MAC. Can't wait until I can save the $$$$$$ the MAC costs. Again, Linzi, good luck to you and your Dell. My laptop is several years old and for the most part has behaved nicely.

Hi Linzi,

I'm typing from my 4 month old iMac desktop--which I absolutely love! I've had a computer since 1987 when you had to learn binary code. This has been a big leap for me to move to a Mac and leave a Windows based program behind. Someday like Meg I may use Bootcamp, but for now I don't need it.

However, for all my embroidery, EQ6 programs I have a 3 yr. old small Dell Laptop (Red) XPS. It goes to my sewing nest, and around the house for downloading embroidery stuff or when I travel.

You will love your new Dell!

We have had a number of Macs over the years and loved them. We switched to the PC's because we were using them at work and there were so many more programs available for the PC's. We currently have a Dell desktop and laptop and I am typing from an older Vaio which has also been super. DH is itching for a Mac laptop. He does alot with pictures and video. I would want to have Office, be able to run EQ6 and an accounting program to track our expenses. We are seriously thinking about getting one. I do not have a computer setup for my Millie.

Marilyn

Congratulations on your new laptop! I have a red one as well but it's a Sony.

The reason MAC's are "safer" is not due so much to their operating system (although it is better) as it is to the fact that there are fewer of them out there and the hackers haven't paid much attention to them. Hackers want to affect the most people. When MAC's begin to outnumber PC's, watch out.

Guest Linda S

Linzi - wish I had seen this sooner. I have a MacBook (and an iMac at work) and I run EQ6 on it. You just need a little program called Parallels -- it lets you run Windows programs on a Mac. Costs about $40. I love my Macs!

Linda

Linzi,

Congrats on your new computer, I am sure you will be happy with it. Were those bugs on your new cptr?

Thanks to all who mentioned that program called Parallels, I did not know about it and will get it downloaded on my mac. My DH knows alot about PC's but nothing about macs so I am on my own here.

Archived