Drag on Milli

I have left a message w/APQS but here is the issue:

Dragging somewhat. I have made sure wheels are cleaned out, husband has loosed the wheels but I am still experiencing a drag especially when I have it on SR. Thread broke as I was doing terry twists and when I resume, I can't direct a straight light if my life depended on it. Ended up ripping out everything because I wasn't happy. Dawn is working w/me (bless her heart) and I think I will just half to put it on regular mode even thought I really depend on SR.

Any suggestions out there? :(

So far, everytime I've felt my Millie drag there has been a good reason. A long thread wrapped around one of the wheels, power cords have interfered with the head/carriage moving, the cord on my surge protector was too short so it restricted movement of the head. I'm careful to cut all the threads underneath short because when they are left long the machine can snag on them and cause jerky movement. Sometimes when I'm using a practice piece that is clamped and not pinned to the canvas, the back of it bunches up and restricts movement. I do find it runs smoother after waxing the rails, even though Dawn says it shouldn't matter any more because the wheels are better now. I was having top thread tension problems including breaking, that resolved by cleaning and oiling the bobbin case/hook area more frequently. I've only been LAing for a few months, listen to the more experienced voices before mine and persevere, you will figure it out.:)

Not too long ago I experienced a drag on my machine and also noticed that the bobbin thread had pulled extremely tight. Somehow, the bobbin thread had gotten around the little handle of the bobbin case. I think the extra tension had caused the drag. After picking out a lot of stitching, I always check underneath after each bobbin change.

Tony, check for threads wrapped around the axel of your wheels. When I first started, my machine got so bad I couldn't believe it. Finally, dh took one of the wheels off and wow, I couldn't believe how much thread was wrapped around it. You couldn't even see that when the wheel was on. Well, obviously, we checked all the rest of the wheels as well, but they were ok.

Archived