OH NOOOOO!!!! Out of Cashew #405

I can't believe it!!! I have run out of thread half way through a king sized quilt and my thread shipment doesn't arrive till the 30th. I could just scream! I don't know what I was thinking. I wasn't thinking, I guess. I don't want to remove this monster and then re-attach it when the thread comes, but I guess that's what I have to do. UUUUGGGGGHH!!!! I could just cry.

Jessica

Jessica,

I know this is a PITA, but what you can do that is quick solution (for now) is to put in a different color thread and run a large basting stitch across the quilt every 5 inches and roll the quilt until it's basted. Take it off , fold it up and move on. You can reload this quilt in a matter of minutes with it basted together.

It could be worse...

Well...I just took it off. :( I had just finished quilting the 81 rectangular blocks and SIDing the inner borders and sashing, so its completely stable. Didn't have to baste anything. Maybe I can work on shrinking up the fullness in the borders while its off the frame and then get to the next customer quilt while I wait for the thread.

I learned my lesson. I need to have more than one cone of the popular colors.

Jessica

Caroline and Mary,

Thank you so very much for your thread offers. Had I not just taken the quilt off the frame and put another on, Mary, I would probably be on my way to your house right now. I didn't even think to ask anybody on the forum if they had any that I could buy. Next time. Actually, there won't be a next time if I can help it. I didn't enjoy the stress. But now that I have made the decision and taken it off the frame, I'm okay.

Jessica

Archived