Loft of batting

I know that a number of you are very happy with Quilters Dream battings. I tried the Dream Cotton in the Select loft (which was recommended by some LA friends) but it was too thin for my taste...I wanted more definition in the quilting and wound up doubling it. Has anyone tried the Quilters Dream Cotton in the Deluxe loft? It is one step loftier than Select but one step less than their Supreme which is the highest loft (in their cotton line). I'm about to place another order...your thoughts? Many thanks, Nancy in Tucson

I quilt regularly with QD cotton select, but also have a supply of QD cotton supreme loft. The supreme has been good for wall hangings and crib or floor pads for babies. When I run out, I plan to order the QD deluxe loft, as I think it will be a good useable loft choice. I have not had any trouble quilting with the supreme loft.

I use most ofl the QD battings......my fav is QuilterDream Blend. I have the Queen and King size rolls on hand. I love the cotton Deluxe.....good defination, great for those in cooler climates. Select cotton is lighter and quilts very well.

I use QD Puff when I have a customer's quilt with challenge....size C or D blocks, wavey borders, etc. This batting fills in those areas that need help. I use the QD wool as well.....sometimes as second batting on art quilts.

Thanks so much, everyone! I went ahead and ordered the Dream Cotton in the Deluxe loft. I agree about the wool batting and have used it in several art/wall quilts but I also needed something that would be a better match for baby & lap quilts that would get washed a lot. I was scared off of the Dream Blend because the literature says that you can only use low heat in the dryer if you don't want it to get stiff. Once I give away a baby quilt, I have no control over what temp they use in washer & dryer.

Tried to order the QD Puff too...for an extra layer under trapunto but they are not taking any orders for the Puff or for the wool...problems at the factory which have already been addressed in this forum. Thanks again, Nancy in Tucson

Archived