Quilters Dream Blend

Dory,

Quilts dream Blend is 70/30 and it is a lot like warm and natural. It quilts very nicely but you don't get the stitch definition and it isn't snuggly. Hobbs 80/20 is less dense and not as warm but it is more snuggly. I've also had problems with batting pokies with Hobbs and not had problems with QD. I'm thinking of getting the bamboo/silk from QD. It is very snuggly but I haven't used it yet.

Hi Dory,

I stock and use them all.

I like to use Hobbs 80/20 on certain quilts, I use same thread colors on top and bottom for this batting, I like the drape but it is not warm, its good for tropical climate I think.

Love QD 70/30 on certain things, be careful though, I just did king size pieced quilt and it weighs a ton of bricks, wished I had used the wool,

I might order QD bamboo.

Corey

Thanks for the info. I was worried about the weight aspect--I actually had a lady complain that her quilt was too heavy once. I wonder if that was what I used--I'll have to check my records.

I just finished some quilts with QD Request--that stuff is just too thin.

I got an email from Quilter's Dream yesterday offering free shipping for 1 roll or 1 box of batting (their Christmas special). I don't know if the email is just for regular customers etc. They said to mention the email when placing an order. I'm at work so I don't have access to my home email to read their email again.

I love QB 70/30 and use it for amlost all of my quilts. It has the look of W&W, but it works better on the machine that just the cotton. I've also had pokes on W&W, but have never had any prob with the QB. The only time I strayed once I found it was to try bamboo of course, but I don't think that the bamboo will hold up as well over time.d It seems much more delicate. Although, it is soooo soft! Good Luck.

Archived