Need Storage for Giant Templates

gable428

I think this is the one you are thinking of, Mary Beth. It is a wonderful way to store the boards - wish I had one. Mine are stacked on top of one another, on top of two filing cabinets. And of course I always want the ones on the bottom. :D

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=17430&page=1#pid198188

Yes, it is awesome. I am thankful for it every time that I reach in to get the next template I want to use.

It holds the large individual templates too. And it holds a lot more giant templates than I thought it would. I can actually get three sets of 3 giants into one slot, if necessary.

Wow, Georgene, I really love your storage unit. It is absolutely fabulous! Right now I can't consider spending the money for one, but I sure would like one someday.

I have the 3 drawer plastic bins under my frame. I have 4 across the front and 4 behind them that I open from the back. I lay my pattern boards on top of these storage units. It works OK for me, but I always want the pattern board at the bottom of the pile...Murphy's Law. :)

Originally posted by Georgene

Yes, it is awesome. I am thankful for it every time that I reach in to get the next template I want to use.

It holds the large individual templates too. And it holds a lot more giant templates than I thought it would. I can actually get three sets of 3 giants into one slot, if necessary.

So you can buy how many more sets of templates to fill that bad boy up?? ;)

DH asked for and received a bunch of wood working tools for Christmas....then I handed him the picture of Georgene's wooden box that holds her pattern boards. I asked for wheels on mine and asked if he could do it. I left him alone with the picture for a while to let it all soak in. I don't think it will be long now ;):D

Mary Beth, Ken (the builder) said he would provide a pattern for $25, if that is needed.

Mine is on rollers -- heavy duty casters.....with handles on all 4 sides.

I did swap some quilting for the box, which made it affordable.

And I figure I can still buy many more giant templates. I'm waiting for some new ones to be announced.

Georgene, when I handed DH the picture and asked him, while batting my eyelashes, he studied the picture and then said...."you are going to have the best storage system you have ever seen!" I had visions of Tim Taylor running through my head. Now, my DH is not a wood worker...but I think he can do this. I like giving him projects. He will draw pictures of the design on every piece of paper we have in the house and then he will finally make it. I didn't see wheels on your storage bin in the picture, so I asked if he could add them to mine. Also, I know I need for it to roll very easily because of my shoulder pain. We will see what happens...I may be sending $25 for a pattern:)

Originally posted by Primitive1

..... how does everyone store their CL clamp thing that holds the single templates?

Nothing fancy here. Mine sits on the floor between the legs of the table and the wall. The table sits a few inches from the wall and I've left enough room to slide the CL between the two.

Originally posted by Georgene

And I figure I can still buy many more giant templates. I'm waiting for some new ones to be announced.

Georgene, do you know something that we don't know? :D New templates in the works? :) I guess we can always expect that Michael is working on something that we will love and just can't live without! :P

Archived