Whoecloth Tapestry #2, Ms. Cynthia's Quilt

You all are so nice.

I've been having fun with these wall Tapestries.

I giggle everytime someone asks me if they are Applique'd.

I have always wanted to do a full Wholecloth, but never seem to find the time.

My Chrismas Break gave me the opportunity to try something new while giving me some good practice for

my customer quilts.

You can find these tapestries at most import Stores or you can search the web un

Wall Tapestries, Hippie.

One site I found was, www.simply70s.com

Thank you also for your prayers for our friend Cynthia.

With all she has been through and is going through today, she still has a sparkle in her eyes

and a Kindness in her soul like I have never seen before. She truly is a Remarkable Woman!!!

She will be coming into the shop this Wednesday for a visit and we will be giving her this quilt.She has seen me working on it and commented on how much she liked it, but has no idea it is for her!!!!!

Thank-you all again.

Laura

Laura,

I'm not into inked quilts...I'm just too stinking traditional. This quilt reminds me of those quilts. Your quilting is just beautiful. I just went back and read your first post and find that this quilt has a greater purpose. Bless Cynthia, this is just such a tough time for her. I bet she will just love this quilt.

Laura,

When I earlier replied I hadn't read the entire wordin on your post. Your sister and especially her friend are in my thoughts, and I am hoping for a complete recovery for her. My friend has a recurance of the dreaded BC and is undergoing chemo right now. It is hard on everyone involved, especially when ther is nothing to do for her medically, the only thing is to try to make her happy and keep her spirits UP! ((((((((((((((((((hugs to Cynthia, your sister, you, and all who know her)))))))))))))))))))))))))))).

Thank-you again~

You never know what life will throw at you.

Ms Cynthia has set an example for me to live life to the fullest.

Just a cute side note (and something so Ms Cynthia:))

On her last visit, she let me Rub her bald head for good luck.

I told her she should let me paint her head.

So,...On her visit this Wednesday, if she is feeling up to it, I'm gonna do just that!!!!

Maybe curls (She Loves curly Hair) or we even talked about "Feathering" Her head.

We'll see.

Laura

Laura that is so fine girl. After seeing the first one you shared for your sister I looked on EBAY and found a few but not with these patterns you are sharing. I would love to purchase some. If you know who or an EBAY store in specific let me know. Very nice and as always your quilting is just fabulous.

Hugs Grammie

Hi Tammie~ I haven't looked for these on Ebay, but found them at a local Import Store in town. If you are in Pueblo, there is a shop close to Stitchers Garden called "The Poppyseed",

they should carry them. Or you can go to the website, www.simply70s.com

They sell for @ $25-$30 plus Shipping.

Jeanne~I kept looking for the Bleed mark then realized what you were talking about. :P

The Black does not bleed into the fabric and the background fabric is actually a purple wash. (Think tye-dye;)) I would not wash these tapestries before quilting. But be Aware, The dye from the background fabric will come out in the wash, so you will want to wash seperately.

I used some of those color catchers and it worked just fine. Just keep in mind, you may not want to use a white backing!!!! ;):):D

Thanks again for your interest!!!

Have a great day!

Laura

thanks Laura so it was the fabric not any bleeding , that is great I saw a purplish tinge to it and thought it might have bled from the black. yes I think a darker color backing fabic would be in order and definately some dye catchers in the first washing. I can't wait to find the time to quilt my dragon one for my son. I told him I had others to finish first and he just didnt understand why, if I had it I just couldnt get busy and do it for him , snap, snap!! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived