thread breaking issue again!!

I am so fristrated with my machine. I tried everything including:

Changed the needle twice. I made sure the needle was inserted properly (checked the manual)

turned the cone upside down

changed the thread

changed the bobbiin

cleaned the bobbin case and the hook below

used sewing aide on the needle

loosened the quilt on the frame

loosened the tention on the top and bobbin

removed thread from the wheels on the bottom of the machine (head)

rethread the machine ( checked the manual for proper threadinjg)

oiled the machine

I do not know what else to do. I tried everything and the tread is still breaking.

Please help. I don't what else to do.

so sorry to hear you getting so frustrated. It sounds like you have tried a lot. I would only thread through 1 or maybe 2 holes of the thread guide prior to the tension disk. Then I would loosen my tension a lot on top. That should stop the thread from breaking. Then tighten one turn at a time until you get it a pretty stitch and no breaks. Chocolate can't hurt!

Oh are you sure that you don't have a burr somewhere or that the thread isn't catching something? Have somebody else run the machine while you watch the thread.

I am using King Tutt on the top and a prewound bobbin that came with the machine. I am not sure what it is.

I will try rethreading with 1 hole instead of 3 like the manual suggests.

I am too frustrated to try tonight. I will get a good nights sleep and try in the morning.

Thanks for your response.

Sorry I did not respond to your post on my old post haven't been on here much lately. My breakage problem was the cone of thread which Superior replaced. I would try the sewers aid and loosen the tension. After that check for burrs on guides and needle plate.

Dawn will get you on track I'm sure.

Again sorry for missing your post.

Archived