Warm fuzzies from a community quilt

Donating quilts to the community is one way that I practice, and I give these quilts to an EMT in our church. He distributes them as he sees a need when he works as a first responder. Before Christmas his wife asked if it would be OK to send some to soldiers. I told her that I didn't think my quilting was good enough for the soldiers, but told her to have her husband make the distribution as he thought appropriate. Last night another lady at church told me that several of the quilts had been shipped to soldiers in Afghanistan and that one of them reached a soldier from our community. He had been having skin problems and could barely tolerate his clothes touching his skin, be he remarked how wonderful the quilt felt and he was so grateful to have received it. I guess one of the lessons here is that it doesn't matter how good our quilting is, there is someone that will appreciate it and we shouldn't hold back making donations of our practice pieces. I got warm fuzzies from hearing how much someone appreciated my practice quilt. :):):)

Carmen,

Thanks for sharing a great story! Sometimes, we judge ourselves and our work too harshly, not remembering that quilts are hugs. Some are beautiful and fancy; some are utilitarian; some are practice pieces. But they are all hugs with the potential to bring a smile to someone.

Have a great afternoon.

Lynn

Carmen,

Good for you. I got a lap quilt years ago. I had that quilt for

a long time. It finely fell apart and it's gone now. All what I have left of that lap quilt are my pictures. Oh' boy did I love that quilt.

It was my "going to battle quilt".

Thanks for reminding me of all the wonderful people still

here in this wicked world.

Archived