Art & Stitch software - for all quilters and embroiderers

Hi everyone

Last night I was privileged to be invited to test an online demonstration via Skype of Loes' new software which will be released in April - its called Art & Stitch and is on You tube and on their website www.artandstitch.com. It is the most feature rich digitising software for quilters and embroiderers I have ever seen and its much less expensive than the programme my Janome dealer wanted to sell me (and that only catered for embroidery designs) - its also simple even for a novice.

I spent over an hour learning a small part of what Art & Stitch can do for quilters and embroiderers - I wasn't an embroiderer until yesterday when, after encouragement from Claudia, who had already seen a demo of the programme, and Loes, my husband treated me to a nice birthday present - my first embroidery machine - now I am hooked. (OK so he didn't know he'd treated me until he got home from golf but so long as he gets his one day a week at golf he's happy!)

I hope Loes will jump in and explain all the wonderful features because I can't remember half of what we did last night but suffice to say when we logged off at 10pm - I was so excited by the possibilities, i couldn't get to sleep!

Some of the things I liked are the price - half the price of the programme that my embroidery machine uses to convert designs and Art & Stitch converts quilting patterns as well as embroidery so I saved my husband $1800 by not buying that conversion programme. Now thats pretty good since the machine only cost $900 - does that mean I made him $900 yesterday!!

I really liked the feature where you make a circle with the shapes tool, and then with a click of the mouse you recreate that circle in a different size and make it touch the last circle, keep on doing that and in less than a minute you have a pebble quilting design that is continuous and can be used to fill any shape or can be used as a background fill or to fill inside piecing or applique.

Another great feature is Envelope where you have a design that is straight and then you can curve it to fit around a shape, you could also use this for quilting/embroidering text.

There were so many other unique features in Art & Stitch I can't remember half of what we did - its awesome and so simple.

OK, until Art & Stitch is released I'll just keep playing with my upgraded version of Pre Design and explore the embroidery conversion software that comes with it. I didn't even notice it was there before I got hooked.

Off to quilt/embroider:D

Hi Sue,

I hope you got some sleep after all. It was great to tie 3 computers together and see you, in Australia, take over my mouse in the Netherlands and draw your first pattern in Art and Stitch.

Today I have uploaded more information on the Art and Stitch website. Take a look on page:

http://www.artandstitch.com/

Extra information is on the Overview page:

http://www.artnstitch.com/overview.htm

And on the Frequently Asked Questions page:

http://www.artnstitch.com/faq.htm

It sure was wonderful to talk halfway around the world during our Skype / Mikogo conference call. A computer and a microphone is all we need for an online demo, it's just amazing.

Our next live demo is at Claudia's Open House in Krefeld end of this week.

Hugs,

Loes

• 3 years later...

Hi Loes,

I wonder about batch importing of digitized patterns and converting to the new Quilt Path format (.gpf)  I would love something that does that and have requested it with the Grace Company to implement.  I have been buying sets of patterns and looking for some robust software that will allow editing and reading in of my Bernina 830 patterns, and converting them to something QP would use.  I don't plan to make embroidery patterns.  Just quilting patterns.  Karen

Art & Stitch is an amazing program. I now do all of my digitizing with it, and just had another 3 days seminar with Loes & Theo at Sharon Schamber's studio in Payson, AZ. Amazing * SO worth it! The support for this software can't be beat. You're going to LOVE IT!

Hi Cathy. Art & Stitch is for digitizing patterns for computerized quilting systems. APQS' new Quilt Path. There is also a new add on for embroidery digitizing. You could use it if you wanted to design your patterns and then print them on paper to follow with the laser. I don't see any advantage at all for freehand quilting.

Archived