IQ on Millennium

great pictures. Thank you. I understand that you can just hit a button to disengage the computer. How does that work? Is it just that those little wheels riding along the rails raise up and that lets you go freehand? how much weight or drag does that add to the system?

I would love to see more of the wiring, etc. Say you were to dismantle your machine quite a bit. How easy is it to disassemble and reassemble the computer set up? ;)

Patty, you are correct. When you touch the manual button the wheels raise and off you go, nothing to adjust or unhook.

I couldn't/can't tell any difference in the weight/drag of my machine with the IQ. I'm not a dealer but Jessica is, she can answer all your questions. I can send you more pics if you send me an email. Everything is easy to take off and put back on. Veg-girl may have more answers and pics to put on here also.

The little wheels you can see are the sensor wheels telling the IQ where the machine is in space. The drive wheels are under the black box and lift up and down at the touch of the button so you can baste the sides of the quilt as you advance or add any freehand squiggles in the middle of using the IQ, nothing to unplug, its so quick and easy.

The tablet comes off by twisting the clip that holds it secure. To take apart your machine you only need to unplug the power source, as far as I can see everything else stays on the head.

If you can afford it then go for it. It has transformed my approach to quilting. Pantos are a doddle as you can set it up and let the machine do all the work for you while you do other things such as pinning the next backing on ( I use zippers), cutting binding, doing paper work on the computer, drinking coffee etc.

I can also now do those quilts that need 20 identical feather blocks plonked in the quilt. My freehand skills are not good enough to repeat a large motif and have them all look the same. It has certainly speeded things up for me.

The back up and support from Zoltan has been very good and there is lots of help on the IQ yahoo forum and videos on You-tube. I've had my IQ 3 months now and just wish I had got it sooner.

Let me add that the tablet is light weight and comes off the machine when you want. Once off the machine you can sit and play, practice or design your next quilt. IQ provides practice lessons free for you to play with, they're called

Boosters. When they come out with an upgrade it's free and usually followed with Boosters for the new featuress. Service it top notch, in fact if anyone finds a bug in the program Zoltan fixes it and sends out an upgrade. He really listens to what we want in fact he has a wish list which he tries to incorporate into his upgrades. When I go camping or long rides in the car I take my IQ tablet with me and have a blast. It has a battery just like a laptop and you can get an extra ac adapter cord to use when it's off the machine to keep it charged. Did I say I love, love my IQ.:cool::cool:

Yes, Connie, I'm the same Sandra. Thanks for your help with the pix. I am to have my IQ installed this afternoon. I'm kind of nervous as I am totally a custom quilter but I'm looking forward to trying to get this system to do what I do without me doing it! Ha, Ha.

Archived