Why does this keep happening?!

Woo hoo, there's much happiness in my house...thanks to everyone here and the gal from APQS!

We, actually my hubby did most of the work, spent 6 hours on my Millie yesterday. He not only realigned the wheels, got the thread cutter partially working, releveled the machine and we found 4 burrs on the top plate! 2 of the burrs could only be seen with a magnifiying glas..the other two were bigger and plain to see. Two were inside the hole that the needle passes thru and we only found those after taking the plate off. Once those were sanded out there's no more thread breaks.

So I was up at 6AM, loaded a lap sized top and had it completely sewn and off the machine in 2 hours. With not one single thread break!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited to be back quilting again.:D

Thanks again everyone...you're so supportive to have put up with my whining these past few weeks.

Got to load another quilt...and make up for lost time.

Rita

Rita,

I think the best thing you can do is to pass along what you've learned to all those other quilters out there who are ready to throw their machines out the door in frustration.

You've found that some time spent talking with APQS (and others here) and then adjusting your machine makes all the difference in the world.

Now, post a thread telling others that there's hope out there where they thought it was hopeless. You could title the thread something catchy, like, "Are you ready to turn your machine into a boat anchor?" or "Frustrated with your machine? Check this thread!"

Archived