Anniversary Quilt - What should I do with it?

This quilt was brought to me by a customer from my guild - "no rush, but do something nice, not toooo spendy" were her only instructions. The cream-colored "keys" along each side of the center have written wishes by family members. Any suggestions?

how bout this:

-SID the cream keys, as well as the embrodier banner at the top....i'd do some flourish at each end of the wording in the center (like a little feather curl)

-do a simple E2E in the blue print (i'd do a loopy meander with a matching thread color)

-put the money in the 1/2 sqs.....feather them following th light/dark fabrics, but to add 'spark'- do one with the feathers going clockwise, and the other going counterclock wise...-or- you could CC one, and feather the other...

but i will say this- that is a great design for this type of quilt...very creative setting....

just what i saw right off....

I'd try to find an eye-catching medallion type of design for the center. Since the quilt is very country-style IMO, you might want to look for that style of double-hearts with an arrow through them (perhaps Linda Taylor has something)?

The banner seems like a natural for SID, but perhaps the lettering could be brought out more with your quilting.

I was thinking of an overall heart pattern for the navy background.

If it was mine to do, I would ask the customer to describe what this couple is like, what do they like to do, and what type of styles do they like/not like.

Archived