Quilt photos- first done on millie

Shelley, when you said first quilt, I was thinking this is the first one that you have ever done for a customer, and you have only had the machine since September. I was ready to quit quilting right then and there.

Then I read that you had a machine before. Whew! I feel a bit better now!

Great job on the quilt. I am sure the customer will love it! And if she doesn't, I know just where you can send it and this someone will really love it!

Hi all, my computer was down for a few days and I couldn't get to the forum. In answer to two queries:- Holly C - This is the first quilt I did on my Millie but not my FIRST quilt! So don't worry! I wouldn't even show my first attempts at all! Libby, you asked what machine I had before - it was a Nolting 18", which was great for 3 years, then I sort of outgrew it. I wanted the needle positioner especially, as my Nolting didn't have one and turning the handwheel so many times when doing a custom quilt was playing havoc with my finger joints. Because it didn't have stitch regulation, I had to work to get even stitches, but it's amazing what you can do when all you've got is an off/on switch!One day I will post a quilt I made to practice using templates and freehand work, based on the DVD by Mindy Caspersen called 'Longarmed and Fabulous.' This was my first introduction to templates, ruler work, SID and more. It's a great DVD for beginners.

But now I've got my Millie and life is great!

Shelley

Shelley this is really beautiful. I am so glad you are enjoying your Millie and that you are posting pictures of your lovely work. Thank you again. And I too am breathing a sigh of relief that this isn't your first customer quilt. I was going to go into hiding.

Archived