question about DSM..

I have a Kenmore DMS that is an "oldie but goodie" I piece a little but mainly use it to baste my backers onto my zippered leaders....

Here's my question...

I would like a 1/4" presser foot on my machine..I took it to a local dealer to service it and he said that Kenmores aren't able to accomodate that type of foot.....of course he could SELL me a machine that would come with it...you know that type of thing. He is a very pushy sales rep./repair guy and I HATE going in there. Anyway...

Can anyone tell me if a Kenmore can indeed accomadate a 1/4" presser foot? I think he's blowwing smoke....

(in case your not sure of what I'm talking about..I want a little foot that has a guide on it so the fabric can't go past it...helping you acheive a 1/4" seam....)

I can provide model #'s etc. if anyone has more knowledge about this issue...

One tip I have used in the past and works really well is a small wad of post it notes a bit less than a 1/2 in stack. Stuck to the bed at the 1/4" mark. Then when you are piecing, you can butt the edges of the fabric against the post it notes. Also very easy to move when you dont need them.

Archived