Mahalo Mary Beth!!!

Hawaii

Mary Beth (correct me if I am wrong), are you the originator of the CL Challenge idea?????

The reason I ask, is that I am SOOOO grateful, this challenge has opened up a whole new realm in creativity with my CL Tools. I am inspired by all the postings and the "take it to the next level" education (Deb Levy and others)!

I was going through a "dry" time with my quilting and now I am excited to get on my machine EVERY morning!! Me and my Freedom are becoming best buds, all because you challenged us to do more than practice pieces with our tools!!!

Mary Beth, you are the CL "BOMB"!! Did you check out the "hits" that these quilts are generating??? Over 11,000. That truly is amazing!

Why yes...yes I am :cool:

I was going through a dry spell too. Not with CL but with quilting in general. Seems like you can only feather or meander so much and it's time to move on. I was feeling a little low on inspiration. I wasn't seeing enough CL for one thing, so decided to start there and challenge everyone to either get out their CL and do something with them, or do something "different" with the CL designs. I was really inspired by Deb Leyv and her ideas for adding other quilting elements to the CL designs to enhance the design and even better, enhance the beauty of the quilt. I didn't want to see anyone else put a design on a practice piece and then post it to show us how beautiful it was. Yes, the design is beautiful, but put it where I need to see it....put it where it is going to show me that I spent money on a tool that is something I can use in my everyday quilting business to enhance my customer's quilts. That is how the challenge came into being.

After I posted the message about the challenge....I thought I should let Michael know what I was doing, just so he would be ready for us ;) In my wildest dreams did I expect anything from Michael and Kay except for a "Whew" or "What were you thinking??", but not so. They picked up the ball and ran with it!! What a challenge this has turned out to be.

No, I didn't know how many hits this challenge has generated. 11,000...That is amazing!! I have to say, this has been unreal.

You know my mind is running crazy now trying to think up another challenge :D Maybe a single template next time. We will see.....first we probably should let Michael and Kay catch up. They have this challenge, MQX and MQS. That is enough to keep them out of trouble for now :D;)

Thank you for the details of your decision!!

I have 2 Challenge quilts that I am working on, one being bound, the other on my frame, that I hope to have finished before the end of the month.

Maybe you should throw out to the group, suggestions for the next "challenge".

Here's one from Hawaii....

What if we all worked with one quilt pattern (or several) eg. Churn Dash and used our own choice of CL designs to doll it up. So that we can see the different possibilities. I've seen this done at MQS by one of the local guilds.

Thanks again, Mary Beth. Win or Lose - we are all winners because we have been "stretched" and inspired.

I wanted to say Thank You to Mary Beth!---All the Circle Lord quilts have been such an inspiration---so much so that I finally got off the fence, and actually purchased a Circle Lord, and I also ordered some new template boards, and round templates! I am enjoying the quilts and learning so much. :D

I haven't been able to check out many but am totally amazed but what I have seen. I am still trying to get mine uploaded. I haven't done anything fancy and lost a year's worth pictures but still want to show what an amazing tool we have. thank you so much Mary Beth, Michael and Kay for inspiring us all to reach higher.

Archived