quilting channels/sewing?

I'm sure it is just the PBS station in your area, Nita. You'll have to check with them. This morning the PBS station which serves Southern Arizona broadcast Sue Hausman, Martha Pullen, Sewing w/Nancy and Fons & Porter. Wouldn't we just love to get something more current, though, like Quilting Arts. I heard there was a tv show featuring longarm quilting...maybe with Linda Taylor? Never seen it. I keep myself stimulated watching Sharon Schamber videos on her website. Nancy in Tucson

Nita, check the OPT web site for the schedule, which isn't really up to date. I get the broadcast out of Springfield and have the shows set to record so the schedule shows next Saturday for Quilting Arts, Sewing with Nancy, Fons & Porter and America Sews with Sue Hausman. If you get the broadcast out of Joplin your schedule will be different. OPT is in the fund raising mode right now and that may have something to do with the quilting shows not being broadcast the past few weeks. But I think they are always in the fund raising mode. :D

http://www.optv.org/index.html

Today on PBS in KC was Georgia Bonsteel and Sewing with Nancy....sorry, I hate both of those shows. I like Fons and Porter....but all the shows we get here are reruns. We don't get any good shows anymore...and I am too much of a cheep skate to buy them online, guess I don't want to see them that bad.

http://www.quilterstv.com/

has reruns of many shows...Quilt in a Day, Quilt Central, plus advertisements for new products.

http://www.qnntv.com/aspx/qnn/members/members.aspx

for a membership has shows Fons and Porter (through series 1100) and series 100 and 200 of Linda Taylors Long Arm Quilting.

plus other shows. This site has the Quilt Out Loud which I am not too fond of and starting in April they will have a Quilt It show about machine quilting (long and short arm)

http://www.qnntv.com/aspx/qnn/Videos/ViewVideo.aspx?v=2228

The only ones I have found are on UEN (Utah Education Network) out of SLC. They are on Thursday at 4pm Quilting Arts and the Fons and Porter. But I will have to look to see what else. I did notice on our PBS station also out of SLC there was some sewing shows on at 3 am, but sorry not up at that time so don't know what they are.

I think the local PBS station chooses what to put on when. Get a bunch of people in your area to let them know you want them. Of course they will want a donation. :o

Shirley

Are you going through more pledge breaks? I haven't had any quilting shows either in the last few weeks. Ours are only on Saturday mornings startinat at 6:00 - 3 shows: Quilting With Nancy, Fons & Porter and Susie Houseman. I also love the Brit-Coms I have here on Saturday nights, and they have not been on either. We've had lots of Celtic Thunder and others, instead. I think PBS is having a hard time just now, since they lost their government funding, if I remember correcty, so they will need more pledge drives.

Those three shows are the ones that are on here on Saturday morning and have had allot of fund raising with whatever is on the last few weeks. At one time I heard that they were going to take the quilting shows off but must have changed their minds. I don't care when they are on, I just don't want them to take them off the air.

Peggy do you know the name of the new show coming on soon? Love to see that one. Keep us posted on the progress of that new quilting show.

Yep, all the good shows have disappeared from our COX PBS channel. The only ones on are the shows that I also hate:

Sewing with Nancy and Lap Quilting. I miss Fons and Porter and even Alex Anderson, who was on HGTV. I've had to resort to QNNtv and Quilt Studio. If you belong to Quilter's Club of America you're also a member of QNNtv. I can't wait to see how their new LA show turns out.

Here on PBS we get Linda McPhee, Georgia Bonesteel, Quilting Arts, Fons & Porter, Martha, Nancy, two Sue Hausman shows, and Eleanor Burns. They just had a big fund-raising push for two weeks and I think the quilters in the northwest must donate nicely to keep these on. I Tivo all except for Georgia--hers are re-run to death. Nothing new since 2007. Then I can save the ones I like. Marilyn Badger was a recent guest on F&P--great longarm advice!

Archived