LA Clamps and laser for computerised machines

When I was in Des Moines last month refreshing my APQS training, I got a chance to pick up two nice accessories for my machine.

I've just got back into quilting and was using the LA clips today to secure the sample fabric sandwich that I use for testing the tension to the rollers - they worked just great. I've seen similar clamps in other places but I really like these because they hold the fabric really tight to the roller but are very easy to put on and they are nice and smooth, no rough edges to catch on the fabric on the quilt. I was quilting a sampler quilt with sashing so I used a clamp at each end of the top and a couple across the quilt in line with vertical sashing to make sure it was rolling on straight. They are very reasonably priced at $15.99 for a set of 8. I believe they are available for all models of APQS machine.

Also from the same manufacturer, I got a laser bracket. You secure the bracket to one of the existing holes on the side of the machine head and attach the laser, pointing it down so that the laser light shines inside the hopping foot - this is really great when setting up for computerised quilting to make sure your stitching goes precisely where you want it.

I can't remember how much it costs, not much though. I got them directly from the manufacturer www.countryquiltsncrafts.com.

I like them both so much I will be adding them to the accessories I have available to my customers.

sue in australia

Awww...I can't see! I went to the site and the pictures are so small! (And it has nothing to do with my age, mind you...)

I tried to blow them up and they just became fuzzy. Any way we could get another picture, more clear? I'd really like to see these clips and the laser.

Thanks!

Archived