TOWA bobbin guage

I just got a TOWA bobbin guage, but a little confused. I thought I read on a post where she kept her tension around 20.....the guage has numbers from 0.......100....200...300, etc. HELP? The directions that came with the guage weren't very clear and after I got past the Chinese version and found the English version, it still didn't help a lot.

Hi Linda--just remove the last zero. Older gauges were marked 10-15-20. Newer ones are 100-150-200.

My sweet spot for bobbin tension is around 18 (180 for you) It is just a number that relates to the force required to pull the thread out of the case and around the two posts. For different combos of thread there are different numbers--but usually between 15 and 20. When you find good numbers for a certain combo, write it down for future reference.

Ann, are you talking about using KT in the bobbin for that# ?

I ordered a thread guage too. Not sure if it will help much, but thought if I could get a number to go by and WRITE IT DOWN, then each time I change threads, it will be less time consuming playing around and testing.

Archived