The thanks comes in the morning!

I had a nice surprise email this morning. Remember the wedding quilt I gave the nephew last December with all the colors in the lattice design. He sent me a thank you today: "Hi Lynn - I thought that I'd shoot you a quick note. Ali and I absolutely love the blanket! This is the first winter that I was able to stay warm without getting too hot (because she stacks the blankets on) and she didn't have to stack all of the blankets on the bed. Thanks again! Matt" I don't care even that he calls it a blanket! He knows which one it is, how much time it took and it gives all of us pleasure for them to have it.

Helped make my day today!

post--13461904046684_thumb.jpg

Thank you. We each have heard or experienced stories of people not recognizing or appreciating the work and gift of a quilt, so I thought I would give you each a warm fuzzy with this one.

Now, back to my Heavenly Hollyhock quilt presently on George using Invisifil thread. It is going very well!

Sure, glad I could help!! Hope you have fun with it. I'm using it with George right now and even for it being 100 wt. thread I haven't had breaking problems, Just three and that has been operator error I'm sure. I'm running it on Aurifil 40 wt tension. I also have it in the bobbin, a lot fits in that bobbin!!

You know some of the best thank you notes I've gotten for quilts I've given have been from guys. It is so nice to hear our young men be so apprieciative of what we do for them. I need to get buzy. I still have 3 grandson's who don't have bed quilts. I've got the fabric. I better hurry before they grown out of it. LOL:P

Wonderful - such pretty colors you used!!

Hollyhocks?? What color are they?? Have you posted a photo of that one.... sounds really pretty too!

I used to have a batch of Double Black Hollyhocks next to the old house. Wouldn't you know the year I gave the last of my seeds to an older lady who worked at Salvation Army..... mine didn't grow back.... and she has since passed away. Double bummer.

• 2 weeks later...

Sandra, the batting in this quilt is Thinsulate, which has been my favorite for years. I get it direct from the 3M company in 30 yard rolls. It machine washes and dries and doesn't shrink, is light weight but also able to be warm in the winter. The hollyhock quilt I just posted last week had bamboo/cotton, and I'm really thinking that my preference is the Thinsulate. The B/C is heavier, stiffer, and shrinks more than the Thinsulate. The T packs/smashes down when packing and pops right back up to full fluff as soon as it is released, the B/C won't compress for packing.

Archived