Borders w/ finished pics

So a customer dropped this off a couple of days ago, and we decided on most of the top, CC in the star, motif of corner block and setting tris, I am stuck on this outer border though!!! How would you treat it, or for that matter, the inner borders???????? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

post--1346190404688_thumb.jpg

The white areas will have a leaf type block treatment, and yes I was going to SID the small borders...No Feathers, she doesn't like them. She likes less rather than more quilting, so something simple.

Heidi, can you show me CC's with a little flourish??? maybe a leaf or a vinetype thing?

Guest Linda S

Ribbon candy is really good in inside borders. See my blog and the quilt at the top. It's easy to do quickly and it looks perfect even when it isn't. I'd feather the white triangles in the outer border and then perhaps just follow those triangular lines about 1/2" to an inch apart.

Linda

On the outside pieced border I see a flowing design running through the colored pieces and the white inner triangles and the outer pieced triangles treated similar to the triangles in the center. For the inner borders SID and or ribbon candy or even alternating half hearts using the center seam as the center point on the half hearts.

Kerry,

Here is a really crude quick drawin. I'm really tired and a bit brain dead but I think you can see the little flourish area I as talking about. I do this on quilts and it really goes quickly and adds a lot of movement. I didn't give you a whole lot of ideas but maybe a few to get the juices flowing.

post--13461904077007_thumb.jpg

Heidi, Thanks for the visual, I have a book on line dancing, gives me lots of options, Thanks for the nudge to my creative juices...

Marilyn, I woild love to do feathers, but the customer doen't like them....But thanks for the pics, they also give me some ideas.

Will post when I am finished.

• 2 months later...

Kerry, that looks great! I love setting triangles and corner blocks. And the border idea turned out great, too, goes very well with the other areas. Good job! What did your customer say?

Marilyn, Your feather designs are wonderful! Two completely different approaches to a Lone Star and it's going in my favorites!

Archived