Is it worth the money?

Well, I have watched all of the Linda's Longarm Quilting shows at least twice on QNNTV.com. When I had a star quilt to do, I rewatched the show where she showed how to quilt a star. I also did the same for another type of quilt, but can't remember which one.

There are lots of piecing shows, but only a few longarm quilting. Fons and Porter has Marilyn Badger once in each of their series of shows. I've watched all of the ones with Marilyn.

They now have a new show: Quilt It, but they keep tempting you with all this praise about the show and then you go watch it and you might see 5 minutes of something. I'd rather watch at least 15 or 20 min. worth, so I can at least learn how to do something.

It's also a good place to learn how to use specific tools that they promote and sell.

But I'd say it's worth it to me. And I think they will be getting another series of Linda's Longarm show soon.

I signed up for it last month and only watched a couple of shows so far. For me time is an issue, there never seems to be enough time in a day to do everything I want to, even watching videos. So unless I figure out how to squeeze out more time in a day to be able to watch it more, I would say $ was not well spent. Not because of content because the videos are great but because I just don't get to use it often enough. :(

I think it is worth $24 I subscribe from the UK and when I first subscribed it was very much worth it to me and Lindas Longarm quilting is what got me so interested in longarm quilting and purchasing my own machine !!! And Eleanor Burns show taught me some very good short cuts on piecing too.

Now I have watched pretty much every episode of everything on there I dont tend to watch as much, but tune in to their new show Quilt It Longarm quilting now which so far is OK, and as a newbie looking forward to more shows with different techniques, (If it lives up to the hype anyway) Quilt out loud their other new show I dont think is that good, because they don't only focus on quilting, and really I am not interested at all in the other completely unrelated to quilting items like cooking (I cant cook) goldmines (????) and other miscellaneous odd items. So I dont tend to watch that one anymore as you have to watch alot of it for any snippet relating to quilting (IMHO !!!)

On the whole though definitlely worth it - Fons and porters shows are great for me too ! although I believe you all can get to watch this over there on your TV's on PBS? For me it has been great.

The Quilting Show is great too. New episode every other week, but a bit pricier.

Sorry I have rambled !!!

:)

I think it is great value for money.I haven't watched many piecing DVD's because of time issues. I tend to go straight to any programme to do with longarming. I too have watched many of the long arm episodes several times but that is because I want to go back and see how something was done, before I try a new technique for example. I am particularly thinking of Linda Taylors DVD's, which I have found really helpful. Marilyn Badger is great too, wish there was more of her teaching! I'm glad they've started the new longarm programme, I think this will prove useful too.

Shelley

I know how hard it is to find time to watch the shows.

On my quilting days, I get up, fix coffee and something to eat. I put a TV table next to my computer and watch a show while I'm eating my breakfast. (I don't put food or drink near my computer -- or my sewing equipment either).

I figure I'm gonna be eating anyway, so might as well make use of the time.

Guest Linda S

I sometimes watch on my lunch hour (if I get one!) at work. Adding a little quilting to the workaday world is nice.

I absolutely agree, Connie. I forgot about that.

Join QCA and get full access to QNNTV.com, Fons & Porter. com (more videos), and a year's subscription to Easy Quilts Magazine (4 issues I think). And some sales of F&P items for members only.

Yep, originally it was $79.00 but somehow it came down to $39 over the past couple years. Probably because they have many, many sponsors. I get my money back triple each year. If you shop at JoAnns, the club gives you a 10% off card good for 1 year and a few more goodies (i.e. Fons and Porter's 100 Tips DVD).

Archived