I love this iron

I love this iron! Fons & Porter show it on their TV show. I was completely fascinated with it and found it on internet. It is great to use when quilting. I have limited use of arms and shoulders and it really has been an answer for me when pressing while sewing quilt tops. I don’t have to constantly set the iron up each time I press with it.

It is a little pricey, but it has been worth it to me. I even bought a 2nd one to use in my laundry room for pressing shirts and pants. It seems to cut ironing time in half.

Here is a video to show how it works:

http://www.oliso.com/

Becky

ive had this iron for a few years now and its ok. i find that the up & down is a pain sometimes - especially when setting seams. cuz the minute you let go, it rises. but it doesnt really leak unless i overfill it and i have had it for a few years - which is more than i can say for the countless rowentas ive had. glad u like yours.

Edited: Nancy's notion says the Oliso iron weighs 3.7 lbs. All the specs are on her website with the latest Smart version of the iron.

Hi Bonnie, long time no chat---I used a new Olisio at a mini group meeting---the newest model is much nicer than the introduction model they had several years ago. I thought it was very nice. Not to light. If I didn't already have a fairly new Rowenta, I would buy one. If you buy it locally, and don't care for it, I guess you could return it?

Almost all my irons over the years of quilting have last approx 3 yrs. plus or minus. Quilters irons get an extra ordinary amount of use in my opinion as compared to regular household irons. So, if I get three years use from an iron, I consider I'm doing pretty well. The best iron I ever had, but which is no longer available was a Bernina iron with the cork handle. It sat on a teflon pad. No auto off/on. Heavy and flat soleplate.

I would love to read some reviews here of new style Olisio irons from owners. ;)

I had to post to this but it isn't about the Olisio iron. I got a new Euro Steam iron, not because mine was broken after 3 years or didn't work right, now that one is my daughters. Any who at MQX they had a special that if you got the iron you got the small travel iron free. I do a lot of applique work that needs the mini-iron and I really liked the handle on this. Well I got it and I have to say that it is my all-time favorite iron! It is just awesome for pressing those little seams and turning over using Sharon Schamber's method of applique using starch. It fits in your hand so nicely. The new

Euro steam is also a little skinnier but steams better than any iron I've ever had. The best part is it doesn't scorch!

Thanks Angie....just what I was needing. I agree we do use our irons more mine someday run 8plus hours and I would rather not have an auto shut off. Heavy better than light. What I liked from the Youtube was the flat profile. When I was teaching I had three NEW irons dropped or knocked off the board all in one class. Will look further into it. Thanks.

I had one of the older Oliso irons. Mine lasted only about 10 months before it just died. It worked one night and wouldn't heat up the next day. Since I no longer had the receipt, Oliso would not work with me to get it fixed. This iron ended up in the trash and i won't ever buy another one. I have a friend who had one that did the same thing and I have heard of several other people who had this same problem. Hopefully, the newer model will last longer than the previous one.

I'm like Bonnie, I love a heavy iron. I have my mother's old iron which is heavy and does not shut off, thank goodness, but I don't know how long it will last; it has to be at least thirty years old, and I dropped it on a concrete floor recently. It's still working but........ I have had three Rowenta and had all the issues everyone talked about with them. I don't want another. I recently saw a small travel iron that a fellow quilter brought to class that i would like to have for piecing but cannot find it. I saw it at the PX before I saw and got to use hers. Needless to say whan I went back it was gone. The fellow quilter said she either got it at Kmart or Sears. It's by Conair and called Palm Press and its heavy and as far as I can tell, Sears seems to be the only place it can be found. I couldn't even find it on Conair's web site, and Sears doesn't have it in stock anywhere in the country or on line. That being said, I guess you can tell I'm interested in what is said here.:P

Archived