How to quilt a Square in a Square quilt??

Virginia, I'm trying to find a way to describe line dancing, so you can understand.

Say you have a square or triangle, diamond, etc, with multiple straight sides... you would put the needle down in one corner, tie off, then going to the next corner you will make a curved line, a little ways out into the block.. sort of like the very top part of a football, about 1/3 of it.

Wish I had an example to show you.. you don't want it real shallow as then it's hard to see, and if it's too deep or high into the block, it looks like a mistake and like it's out of balance.

Now thats the first step, if you want it to stay at that, fine, sometimes you may want to do that on both sides of the seam so you have a narrow football shape on the seam..

If you have a long line of them to do, you can go up on one block, down under the next and up over the next, etc.

I hope this makes sense, ROFLMHO, I'm not sure it makes sense to me, I just sew it..

give a shout if you need more help.. I'll look thru some of my photo's and see if I have any close ups to show Line Dancing.

RitaR

Me too, I think it's the same, in that you can go from one block to another, say from right to left, in one long line, then come back sewing the opposite sides to complete the melon..

Probably wrong, of course, roflmho.

RitaR

Archived