Lenni Stopped Running!

My Lenni just stopped running as I was finishing the last row of quilting and I don't know why. I looked up the fuse in the manual and I can't figure out where it is from the pics.. Has anyone with a 2008 Lenni ever replaced the fuse or know how to access it? If the place where it says it is, is where it is, I am going to have a very hard time opening the drawer because it does not appear to be a drawer, more like an outline drawing of a fuse. Help!!!

Standing at the back of the machine reach up to your right towards top (same side as the on/off switch) There is a tiny square or "door" that houses the fuses. Pull it open and take out the old and you will see the spare. Replace it and you are good to go. My directions aren't very good so I hope I got it across.

Wow Janice, I can't believe you could follow my awful instructions! I think you get the fuses at Radio shack. I need to buy several the next time I go to town myself. I would be nice just to have them on hand. Glad you got your fixed. This forum is great for that sort of thing. Don't you just love your Lenni? I love mine!

Yes, I couldn't be happier with my Lenni! I have been wondering if the other APQS machines have a speed regulator different from the Lenni. The only speed I have is my hand:D However fast I go that's how fast the machine goes. And I tend to go faster, especially in curves, than the machine which causes me to have longer stitches. But for the money, I think Lenni is the best deal. Now if I could just get a longer table. Sometimes when doing a panto the pattern looks better running a certain direction and the size won't let me turn the quilt. I like bed size quilts that drop down over the mattress about 12 inches.

Janice,

Your Lenni should have a stitch regulator on it. It's a little toggle switch on the left-hand side of the head - when you're at the front of the machine, you should be able to reach up to the left side, near the top and front, and switch the Stitch Regulator on.

Thought they all had regulators, but maybe not....

Janice, you get longer stitches in a curve with your stitch regulator on? Now, mine are all the same. I set my SR to say 10 and no matter how slow or fast, the stitches are the same! Are you sure you are hearing the chirping when you are stitching? I can stitch out 90" without a blink. I can do 95 with a tiny blink. The other direction length or width can be as long as you like. I can always get a 12" or so drop. Really!

Barb and Sylvia---Yes I use SR, almost exclusively. That was one of the main things I wanted on the machine. Yes, even in SR I can see a difference in the stitches if I go too fast. I remember when I test drove Lenni at a show I did the same thing. I think it just must be me, not the machine.

Janice, glad to hear you were able to find your fuse and get your Lenni working again! I also have quilted several quilts that were 94 - 96 inches on my 10 foot table without any problem. I also have very consistently sized stitches with my Lenni while using the SR................I think that's a good idea to check with Amy or Christie and see if there is a slight adjustment that you need to make. I could be way off but I'm wondering if maybe the adjustment of your SR wheel isn't quite right...let us know if they have you make any kind of adjustment and it works!

Thanks everyone. I don't want to give you the wrong impression that the stitches are that bad; I just have to maintain a steady speed even in that 'swoop' or moving in an arc, or straight, or an angle for more that 6 inches etc. I can, and want to, quilt faster than I do, but that's when I get the uneven stitches. Maybe a little tweeking might help that.

Hi Jeanne. I like your studio! Are you going to do a design wall? I know you're not through; so make sure you continue to post more pics. Love seeing what you're doing. Like the quilt lying on the frame. Posie, right? I'm addicted to those things.:P Congrats on all your awards.

Archived