Disappointed but hopeful

June 6th D-day arrived! My dealer just set up my machine today but my poor Millie seems to have had her brains scrambled in transit. My dealer talked to Heidi who talked to someone and Heidi and dealer came to the conclusion that one of the circuit boards needs to be replaced. Amy will confirm tomorrow:( But even though we had to go through al ot to get her in SR mode when she did she had no vibration, and ran smoothly and with no obvious motor noise! So we just have to get her to stop starting with "always stitching" and in H.Ch lock, and only stopping w/ the Needle up/down button which doesn't work except to stop the Millie from constantly stitching!!! As I said her brains are scrambled or she had a stroke. So I need to call Doctor Amy. It's good Heidi answers on Sundays and my dealer was able to reassure me that it should all be easily if not immediately fixed. Ah, well, I waited this long and hey, when our forces stormed the beaches of Normandy on D-day, we won the beach head but it did take a little while to move inland, So I will gather the forces together and move forward!

June 6th D-day arrived! My dealer just set up my machine today but my poor Millie seems to have had her brains scrambled in transit. My dealer talked to Heidi who talked to someone and Heidi and dealer came to the conclusion that one of the circuit boards needs to be replaced. Amy will confirm tomorrow:( But even though we had to go through al ot to get her in SR mode when she did she had no vibration, and ran smoothly and with no obvious motor noise! So we just have to get her to stop starting with "always stitching" and in H.Ch lock, and only stopping w/ the Needle up/down button which doesn't work except to stop the Millie from constantly stitching!!! As I said her brains are scrambled or she had a stroke. So I need to call Doctor Amy. It's good Heidi answers on Sundays and my dealer was able to reassure me that it should all be easily if not immediately fixed. Ah, well, I waited this long and hey, when our forces stormed the beaches of Normandy on D-day, we won the beach head but it did take a little while to move inland, So I will gather the forces together and move forward!

I love your attitude, Ferrari! With the support of your dealer and Heidi and APQS staff, you'll be up and running in no time. Sounds like your Millie had a rough ride, but she'll soon be back to her old self. In the meantime, pet her nicely and promise her the best of threads. Keep us posted on your happenings! :cool:

I love your attitude, Ferrari! With the support of your dealer and Heidi and APQS staff, you'll be up and running in no time. Sounds like your Millie had a rough ride, but she'll soon be back to her old self. In the meantime, pet her nicely and promise her the best of threads. Keep us posted on your happenings! :cool:

HI Carol,

I had to replace two circuit boards (mother,daughter boards) on my Millie. I was surprised how easy it was with the directions supplied by Amy. This was after I had her checkup at APQS so the shipping was probably the culprit.

If you're working with a dealer, it should be much easier since they'll take care of it all. It took me a couple of days to get the circuit boards and about 1 1/2 hours to replace them. That fixed the issues I was having.

Hang in there, it sounds like an easy fix and you'll be up and running....Mercedes

HI Carol,

I had to replace two circuit boards (mother,daughter boards) on my Millie. I was surprised how easy it was with the directions supplied by Amy. This was after I had her checkup at APQS so the shipping was probably the culprit.

If you're working with a dealer, it should be much easier since they'll take care of it all. It took me a couple of days to get the circuit boards and about 1 1/2 hours to replace them. That fixed the issues I was having.

Hang in there, it sounds like an easy fix and you'll be up and running....Mercedes

Carol,

Sorry to hear your poor Milli scrambled her brain...it was probably because she was in the box too long and just couldn't stand the confinement! I love the sense of humor and good outlook you obviously have on life! Here's to hoping it brings you lots and lots of good stitching in a short time!

Carol,

Sorry to hear your poor Milli scrambled her brain...it was probably because she was in the box too long and just couldn't stand the confinement! I love the sense of humor and good outlook you obviously have on life! Here's to hoping it brings you lots and lots of good stitching in a short time!

Well, wonderful LA quilters Here's the diagnosis: Millie needs two new circuit boards, (the thread cutter doesn't work which was on the first circuit board and the Horizontal lock must be on the second board). The front carriage wheels weren't horizontal so new wheels and then guess what? My dealer forgot to put bolts on the inside of the cross tubes to stabilize the discs. We are stuck on the beachhead, needing to move inland. I AM disappointed. I know that service isn't authorized to over night the parts but I hope Heidi approves that kind of shipping because really the Millie shouldn't arrive with so much not functioning. At least it Christy gave very clear directions when we were going over Millie signs and symptoms! Just had a call from Christy and one of the boards is out of stock but she hopes to have one by tomorrow. I hope this isn't going to be "Oh, the war will be over by Christmas" scenario...

Well, wonderful LA quilters Here's the diagnosis: Millie needs two new circuit boards, (the thread cutter doesn't work which was on the first circuit board and the Horizontal lock must be on the second board). The front carriage wheels weren't horizontal so new wheels and then guess what? My dealer forgot to put bolts on the inside of the cross tubes to stabilize the discs. We are stuck on the beachhead, needing to move inland. I AM disappointed. I know that service isn't authorized to over night the parts but I hope Heidi approves that kind of shipping because really the Millie shouldn't arrive with so much not functioning. At least it Christy gave very clear directions when we were going over Millie signs and symptoms! Just had a call from Christy and one of the boards is out of stock but she hopes to have one by tomorrow. I hope this isn't going to be "Oh, the war will be over by Christmas" scenario...

I must say your post was hilarious. I loved the comparison to the beaches of Normandy. But I can share in your disappointment in not having the machine to start quilting. Isn't it nice to know that the problems can be fixed. I originally bought an HQ because I was afraid of the "big" machine. But when you buy a quality machine, you're going to be able to get it up and running. Being made in the USA was also a factor in my decision. I know the other machines may be cheaper, but everyday you read in the paper about recalls from China and you wonder what's going to be recalled next. Keep us posted! Good luck with your new machine! Well, extra good luck!

I must say your post was hilarious. I loved the comparison to the beaches of Normandy. But I can share in your disappointment in not having the machine to start quilting. Isn't it nice to know that the problems can be fixed. I originally bought an HQ because I was afraid of the "big" machine. But when you buy a quality machine, you're going to be able to get it up and running. Being made in the USA was also a factor in my decision. I know the other machines may be cheaper, but everyday you read in the paper about recalls from China and you wonder what's going to be recalled next. Keep us posted! Good luck with your new machine! Well, extra good luck!

I am sorry to hear there have been so many delays in your starting to quilt with your new machine. Hopefully the new circuit boards will arrive very soon and you will be up and running!! I know you won't be disappointed in your machine (once it is running correctly). I had a gammill and sold it to purchase my millie. Good luck and keep us posted.

I am sorry to hear there have been so many delays in your starting to quilt with your new machine. Hopefully the new circuit boards will arrive very soon and you will be up and running!! I know you won't be disappointed in your machine (once it is running correctly). I had a gammill and sold it to purchase my millie. Good luck and keep us posted.

How disappointed you must feel! It's hard to be so excited anticipating Millie's delivery and then have such problems! However, it is reassuring that everyone at APQS is doing so much to help get the parts and repairs needed to get you up and running! Hope all goes well and you will soon be done with your first quilt!!

How disappointed you must feel! It's hard to be so excited anticipating Millie's delivery and then have such problems! However, it is reassuring that everyone at APQS is doing so much to help get the parts and repairs needed to get you up and running! Hope all goes well and you will soon be done with your first quilt!!

Archived