introduce my self properly

Hi, there, you wonderful, understanding and supportive LA quilters! You have been reading the saga of the long awaited Millie. I thought to introduce myself the next day after set up but I guess I should still consider myself a bone fide Millie owner (albeit a sick one). I have been quilting for about ? greater than 5 and less than 10 years. I learned to sew in Home Ec in grade and middle school, back in the old days when Home Ec really taught you stuff. Played classical guitar during middle and high school but then nothing through college (did research in cell biology) and medical school, internship, and part of a Psychiatry residency (some Psych research). Married, got pregnant and traded $ for less stress (although I think it is harder to raise kids!) and stayed with kids. Then I took up a little drawing, then painting, then sewing craft stuff for kids, knitting, then spinning/ dyeing yarn from all sorts of fleeces, then weaving (am selling 8 harness loom to fit Millie), then a friend convinced me to take a quilting class and whew! Here I am with a defunct Millie. second and last kid in college so you can guess I am still in my youth. I had been looking at a frame/machine set up for a long time and never liked any of the "hobby ones. Thought the professional set ups too overwhelming. Then I the last time I quilted under a regular machine even trying to be careful, my neck arms and fingers became buzzing and numb and it didn't go away for 3 days. I realized i really needed to look seriously for some MA or LA machine. Went to Mid Atlantic quilt festival, didn't like the new Vision Gammill frame, thought the waste of 10% of bobbin thread on M bobbina silly as well as wrapping the thread two times around the tension disc. I didn't like the Handiquilter setup that much etc. Oddly, didn't have time to check out APQS and thought it not upgradeable and didn't get clued in about the demo sale. then got email from APQS re demo sale and focused, tried Mille out and you know the rest!!! You folks are my therapy group. i couldn't stand it all if I didn't have you to pour my heart out to as I wait yet again to be a real Long arm quilter! THANKS!!!;)

Hi, there, you wonderful, understanding and supportive LA quilters! You have been reading the saga of the long awaited Millie. I thought to introduce myself the next day after set up but I guess I should still consider myself a bone fide Millie owner (albeit a sick one). I have been quilting for about ? greater than 5 and less than 10 years. I learned to sew in Home Ec in grade and middle school, back in the old days when Home Ec really taught you stuff. Played classical guitar during middle and high school but then nothing through college (did research in cell biology) and medical school, internship, and part of a Psychiatry residency (some Psych research). Married, got pregnant and traded $ for less stress (although I think it is harder to raise kids!) and stayed with kids. Then I took up a little drawing, then painting, then sewing craft stuff for kids, knitting, then spinning/ dyeing yarn from all sorts of fleeces, then weaving (am selling 8 harness loom to fit Millie), then a friend convinced me to take a quilting class and whew! Here I am with a defunct Millie. second and last kid in college so you can guess I am still in my youth. I had been looking at a frame/machine set up for a long time and never liked any of the "hobby ones. Thought the professional set ups too overwhelming. Then I the last time I quilted under a regular machine even trying to be careful, my neck arms and fingers became buzzing and numb and it didn't go away for 3 days. I realized i really needed to look seriously for some MA or LA machine. Went to Mid Atlantic quilt festival, didn't like the new Vision Gammill frame, thought the waste of 10% of bobbin thread on M bobbina silly as well as wrapping the thread two times around the tension disc. I didn't like the Handiquilter setup that much etc. Oddly, didn't have time to check out APQS and thought it not upgradeable and didn't get clued in about the demo sale. then got email from APQS re demo sale and focused, tried Mille out and you know the rest!!! You folks are my therapy group. i couldn't stand it all if I didn't have you to pour my heart out to as I wait yet again to be a real Long arm quilter! THANKS!!!;)

So lovely to have you here, Ferrari. I am so sorry your Millie is not well though. Kind of a bummer when you're waiting to get started. Sounds like you have a LOT of artistic ability and that will be soooo influential in your quilting. I'm afraid I have difficulty drawing stick men, so I do rely some on examples and photos, magazines, my QZ, etc, to give me ideas, but sounds like your creative juices will be really pumped when you get started.

Enjoy! :cool:

So lovely to have you here, Ferrari. I am so sorry your Millie is not well though. Kind of a bummer when you're waiting to get started. Sounds like you have a LOT of artistic ability and that will be soooo influential in your quilting. I'm afraid I have difficulty drawing stick men, so I do rely some on examples and photos, magazines, my QZ, etc, to give me ideas, but sounds like your creative juices will be really pumped when you get started.

Enjoy! :cool:

Welcome to the forum and the crazy world of quilting. It sounds like you have the right experience to deal with the crazy part.;) I am sure that your milli will be up and running soon and you will producing spectacular quilts. All that arts/crafts will be very helpful. Remember we like pictures.

Pamela

Welcome to the forum and the crazy world of quilting. It sounds like you have the right experience to deal with the crazy part.;) I am sure that your milli will be up and running soon and you will producing spectacular quilts. All that arts/crafts will be very helpful. Remember we like pictures.

Pamela

Hi, wonderful LA quilters! I can draw a little but I think I am color challenged. I really have to struggle with it. I have taken color classes and know th color wheel by heart but when it comes to choosing what goes with what fabric, especially when the print or texture does stuff I really have to struggle. I often rely on my friends to help, although I think I am getting a little better. IF I can figure out how to get photos on this site, I can have you all help! Even when I went to college, I used a type writer. Computers , to me, are still omnivorous beasties that are:P always ready to pounce and gobble up stuff I try to do with it! As I say, I am still in my youth, "hardy har har!":P

Hi, wonderful LA quilters! I can draw a little but I think I am color challenged. I really have to struggle with it. I have taken color classes and know th color wheel by heart but when it comes to choosing what goes with what fabric, especially when the print or texture does stuff I really have to struggle. I often rely on my friends to help, although I think I am getting a little better. IF I can figure out how to get photos on this site, I can have you all help! Even when I went to college, I used a type writer. Computers , to me, are still omnivorous beasties that are:P always ready to pounce and gobble up stuff I try to do with it! As I say, I am still in my youth, "hardy har har!":P

Welcome! At least you have the color wheel memorized. I still can't use it. I can never find any of my colors on the wheel. I ask strangers to help me pick colors. There's always someone around who's good at it. I suspect you're better than you give yourself credit for. In no time you'll be churning out those quilts. Practice, practice, practice!

Archived