Which goes on top??

Hi Dory - I'm just curious how this finishes. When I think about Hobbs, I think about that wonderful antique look a quilt has after it is washed because of the shrinkage. I don't know about all the wool batts but QD wool has been washed quite a lot to remove the lanolin and it hardly shrinks at all.

When I use wool, I back it with cotton (QD Request - really thin) or skinny poly (QD Request poly).

Since you have used this (Hobbs 80/20 & wool) combo before, can you describe how the quilt looks. Is it puffy on the wool side and antique on the Hobbs side?

I would love to try something new. A photo would be great, too. I used to hate Hobbs but recently tried it again and just love it. I think it keeps our quilting fresh when we try new things.

Hi Dory - I'm just curious how this finishes. When I think about Hobbs, I think about that wonderful antique look a quilt has after it is washed because of the shrinkage. I don't know about all the wool batts but QD wool has been washed quite a lot to remove the lanolin and it hardly shrinks at all.

When I use wool, I back it with cotton (QD Request - really thin) or skinny poly (QD Request poly).

Since you have used this (Hobbs 80/20 & wool) combo before, can you describe how the quilt looks. Is it puffy on the wool side and antique on the Hobbs side?

I would love to try something new. A photo would be great, too. I used to hate Hobbs but recently tried it again and just love it. I think it keeps our quilting fresh when we try new things.

Archived