So, what's up with QZ users???

Zora

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tested the curved cross hatching on the project I loaded last night and it isn't going to work the way I thought I could do it so I won't be using it on this quilt. Maybe in the middle a little. The problem that I had is that the area radiates out and is bigger than the board. Normally I could just move it over but that changes the arc angle. Oh well back to the drawing board on this one!

I tested the curved cross hatching on the project I loaded last night and it isn't going to work the way I thought I could do it so I won't be using it on this quilt. Maybe in the middle a little. The problem that I had is that the area radiates out and is bigger than the board. Normally I could just move it over but that changes the arc angle. Oh well back to the drawing board on this one!

Lynn,

The template is big but what I wanted to do was to go around a small wall hanging (32" sq.). The quilt pattern is a sort of drunkards path type design and I wanted the curved cross hatching go around that area. Unfortunately If I move the template over to finish an arch it also changes the shape of the arc unless I rotated the board and that is more work than I want to go through for this wall hanging. The curved cross hatching is based on a circle so unless you rotate around to keep that circle going it won't work the way you think it will. If I were filling a 12" block I wouldn't have any problem filling it in. It is just because I want to travel around the quilt. There really isn't a way for me to segment it off into a block size design either. This is a wall hanging that I probably won't make any money on so I'm not going to waste any more time on it trying to make it work that way.

Lynn,

The template is big but what I wanted to do was to go around a small wall hanging (32" sq.). The quilt pattern is a sort of drunkards path type design and I wanted the curved cross hatching go around that area. Unfortunately If I move the template over to finish an arch it also changes the shape of the arc unless I rotated the board and that is more work than I want to go through for this wall hanging. The curved cross hatching is based on a circle so unless you rotate around to keep that circle going it won't work the way you think it will. If I were filling a 12" block I wouldn't have any problem filling it in. It is just because I want to travel around the quilt. There really isn't a way for me to segment it off into a block size design either. This is a wall hanging that I probably won't make any money on so I'm not going to waste any more time on it trying to make it work that way.

Could you possibly turn the cross hatch so it wanders across the quilt?

I can't quite get the curved ch in my mind.. I used a melon himself made, in an area about 3 X 5. I think thats roughly the size. I'm thinking of using a half inch ch board and see if I can accurately sew it on scrap cloth, into 1/4" cross hatch.. would have to mark it very carefully.

Can't decide if I want the quarter inch or the bead board for cross hatch.

Keep playing.

RitaR

Could you possibly turn the cross hatch so it wanders across the quilt?

I can't quite get the curved ch in my mind.. I used a melon himself made, in an area about 3 X 5. I think thats roughly the size. I'm thinking of using a half inch ch board and see if I can accurately sew it on scrap cloth, into 1/4" cross hatch.. would have to mark it very carefully.

Can't decide if I want the quarter inch or the bead board for cross hatch.

Keep playing.

RitaR

Archived