So, what's up with QZ users???

Zora

Just thought I'd ask what's going on with all of the QZ users who bought tracing templates, etc., at MQS? Haven't seen a thing posted on this forum for a week. I got my tracing templates and have practiced some with the Pine Burr one, but nothing on a quilt yet. Got the swag template, also, and have plans for that one soon. Also bought the spirals, and am looking forward to using that one too. I use the 1/4 inch cross-hatch on nearly every quilt these days. Do any of you have the curved cross-hatch one. How's that working out??

Are you guys interested in something like a rope or cable for borders? Maybe we can suggest that to Adam and Linda if I am not the only one who wants this template to use from the front of the machine!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thought I'd ask what's going on with all of the QZ users who bought tracing templates, etc., at MQS? Haven't seen a thing posted on this forum for a week. I got my tracing templates and have practiced some with the Pine Burr one, but nothing on a quilt yet. Got the swag template, also, and have plans for that one soon. Also bought the spirals, and am looking forward to using that one too. I use the 1/4 inch cross-hatch on nearly every quilt these days. Do any of you have the curved cross-hatch one. How's that working out??

Are you guys interested in something like a rope or cable for borders? Maybe we can suggest that to Adam and Linda if I am not the only one who wants this template to use from the front of the machine!

I've just loaded my first test quilt for the Econozoid. I've had the tool for a week, but had to finish other customer tasks. I will be reviewing set up tonight so I can play tomorrow. I'm a little afraid, but very excited too. I will be doing some feathered wreaths. Can't promise pictures til I figure out more about my camera - hence no avitar either. ;)

I've just loaded my first test quilt for the Econozoid. I've had the tool for a week, but had to finish other customer tasks. I will be reviewing set up tonight so I can play tomorrow. I'm a little afraid, but very excited too. I will be doing some feathered wreaths. Can't promise pictures til I figure out more about my camera - hence no avitar either. ;)

I have a question on the CH templates, both curved and regular. I haven't used mine yet! I don't venture much into custom quilting, so pardon my "cluelessness". :)

When using the cross hatch templated around a motif for example, when you run into the motif, if you were doing the CH'ing with a ruler, you'd just stitch along in your outline stitching right, until you come to the next CH'in line? But with the templates, how you do this? Turn off the SR, carefully lift the stlyus, move the whole contraption to take a few stitches, move it back, rinse and repeat?

I have a question on the CH templates, both curved and regular. I haven't used mine yet! I don't venture much into custom quilting, so pardon my "cluelessness". :)

When using the cross hatch templated around a motif for example, when you run into the motif, if you were doing the CH'ing with a ruler, you'd just stitch along in your outline stitching right, until you come to the next CH'in line? But with the templates, how you do this? Turn off the SR, carefully lift the stlyus, move the whole contraption to take a few stitches, move it back, rinse and repeat?

Originally posted by cjtinkle

i left the SR on & traced the stitch line of the motif til i felt it hit the next groove.

would it be better to turn off the SR? if so, why?

Archived