Stencil Challenge

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay....now listen....

Heidi...no, just buying does not count!

Sylvia...I know you are having fun with the CL....but this is a new challenge....with prizes!!

Patty Jo...You are getting there....keep going....it will happen!

For the rest of you.....you have to get into this.....I have prizes that people have donated....please, please, please....I'm begging!!

Okay....now listen....

Heidi...no, just buying does not count!

Sylvia...I know you are having fun with the CL....but this is a new challenge....with prizes!!

Patty Jo...You are getting there....keep going....it will happen!

For the rest of you.....you have to get into this.....I have prizes that people have donated....please, please, please....I'm begging!!

Here is the low down on the throw down...

….here is the lowdown….

1.You may use the stencil of your choice. Premade or homemade.

2. You must use only one stencil.

3. You may use the stencil as many times on your quilt as you would like.

4. You must get as many design elements from this one stencil as you possibly can.

5. When posting the pictures of your entry, you will need to include the following information:

6. A picture of the stencil along with the name of the stencil, the size, and where you purchased it. If you made the stencil, tell us how you made it; how or where you came up with the design. If this is a “designer” stencil, we need the name, ie Judy Allen, Pepper Cory, Barbara Chainey, etc.

7. More than one picture of your quilt. Suggestion,

Overall

Blocks

Borders

8. Tell us how you marked the quilt. Here are a few examples:

Brand of marking pen

Pounce pad

Sponge paint applicator

Miracle Chalk

Regular Chalk

Blacklight Chalk

Blacklight pencil

9. Who does the quilt belong to? You or a customer.

10. Quilt measurements.

11. How long did it take you to quilt the quilt?

12. Explain in detail your choice of quilting elements.

Why did you choose this stencil?

How many different ways were you able to use the same stencil.

What other design elements did you add? Examples,

Stipple

Crosshatch

McTavishing

Piano key

The deadline for quilt entries will be August 1, 2010.

There will be two catagories

Bed quilts

Wall quilts

Prizes will be awarded. Now, the prizes may not be like a new car, but more like a quilting gadget or goodie. Not a huge gift, because after all….it may only be coming from me. However, you will have a file of wonderful quilting designs, ideas, and inspiration to help you in your own quilting.

Posted by Mary Beth at 4:26 AM 2 comments Home Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)

Here is the low down on the throw down...

….here is the lowdown….

1.You may use the stencil of your choice. Premade or homemade.

2. You must use only one stencil.

3. You may use the stencil as many times on your quilt as you would like.

4. You must get as many design elements from this one stencil as you possibly can.

5. When posting the pictures of your entry, you will need to include the following information:

6. A picture of the stencil along with the name of the stencil, the size, and where you purchased it. If you made the stencil, tell us how you made it; how or where you came up with the design. If this is a “designer” stencil, we need the name, ie Judy Allen, Pepper Cory, Barbara Chainey, etc.

7. More than one picture of your quilt. Suggestion,

Overall

Blocks

Borders

8. Tell us how you marked the quilt. Here are a few examples:

Brand of marking pen

Pounce pad

Sponge paint applicator

Miracle Chalk

Regular Chalk

Blacklight Chalk

Blacklight pencil

9. Who does the quilt belong to? You or a customer.

10. Quilt measurements.

11. How long did it take you to quilt the quilt?

12. Explain in detail your choice of quilting elements.

Why did you choose this stencil?

How many different ways were you able to use the same stencil.

What other design elements did you add? Examples,

Stipple

Crosshatch

McTavishing

Piano key

The deadline for quilt entries will be August 1, 2010.

There will be two catagories

Bed quilts

Wall quilts

Prizes will be awarded. Now, the prizes may not be like a new car, but more like a quilting gadget or goodie. Not a huge gift, because after all….it may only be coming from me. However, you will have a file of wonderful quilting designs, ideas, and inspiration to help you in your own quilting.

Posted by Mary Beth at 4:26 AM 2 comments Home Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)

Originally posted by hmerrill

Mary Beth - well it was a start! OK the quilt I'm working on next for a customer will have a stencil but I don't think it will be anything inovative at all, just plop down that stencil and stitch. I guess I'll have to get serious about a wall hanging.

You can always use that quilt. I may or may not be a winner. But I bet it would inspire.

Originally posted by hmerrill

Mary Beth - well it was a start! OK the quilt I'm working on next for a customer will have a stencil but I don't think it will be anything inovative at all, just plop down that stencil and stitch. I guess I'll have to get serious about a wall hanging.

You can always use that quilt. I may or may not be a winner. But I bet it would inspire.

Mary Beth,

LOL you made me late for work! I got to thinking about another stencil that I had gotten a secondary design out of and thought it might work for this customer quilt instead. I went down to my studio to find it and do a quilt draft before heading out the door for work! LOL I'm so easily distracted and thank goodness I don't have to punch a time clock! Besides I was working before I got to work so they always get their time out of me!

Mary Beth,

LOL you made me late for work! I got to thinking about another stencil that I had gotten a secondary design out of and thought it might work for this customer quilt instead. I went down to my studio to find it and do a quilt draft before heading out the door for work! LOL I'm so easily distracted and thank goodness I don't have to punch a time clock! Besides I was working before I got to work so they always get their time out of me!

Archived