Stencil Challenge

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only a month. I've got 6 customer quilts and 3 are rush jobs! Darn I've never designed a quilt around a stencil. I'm not saying I can't I'm just saying.... A wallhanging, that's the trick... but I need a new quilt for my bed....????? What to Do!!??? Okay. I'm up for it. Does it have to be bound by Aug 1st?

Only a month. I've got 6 customer quilts and 3 are rush jobs! Darn I've never designed a quilt around a stencil. I'm not saying I can't I'm just saying.... A wallhanging, that's the trick... but I need a new quilt for my bed....????? What to Do!!??? Okay. I'm up for it. Does it have to be bound by Aug 1st?

Thanks for the Reminder MaryBeth!!

I have it all planned out in my head, Just need to get it onto some fabric and

and get that puppy quilted.

Been getting ready for Shop Hop this weekend. Quilting round the clock for the past week.

After the first of the month, I'll only have customer quilts to work on so I can get started on this Challenge.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

Thanks again Mary Beth for putting this challenge out there.

Laura

Thanks for the Reminder MaryBeth!!

I have it all planned out in my head, Just need to get it onto some fabric and

and get that puppy quilted.

Been getting ready for Shop Hop this weekend. Quilting round the clock for the past week.

After the first of the month, I'll only have customer quilts to work on so I can get started on this Challenge.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

Thanks again Mary Beth for putting this challenge out there.

Laura

Mary Beth,

I did try using a stencil for a small wall-hanging, used ponce to mark it and this is what I learned....

I am TOO spoiled by my Circle Lord.

The quilting came out just okay, but my design sense (with the stencils) was just not there, just could not think how to creatively do this.

So... I am glad for this CHALLENGE because it certainly was a challenge and made me think out of the box and use some tools that I've never used before. But I definitely do NOT see me being passionate about stencils (like I am about my CL stuff!!)

PS I am grateful for your efforts, I did learn from this Challenge! Thank you, Mary Beth! And I will post the quilt before the deadline and after I get it bound.

Mary Beth,

I did try using a stencil for a small wall-hanging, used ponce to mark it and this is what I learned....

I am TOO spoiled by my Circle Lord.

The quilting came out just okay, but my design sense (with the stencils) was just not there, just could not think how to creatively do this.

So... I am glad for this CHALLENGE because it certainly was a challenge and made me think out of the box and use some tools that I've never used before. But I definitely do NOT see me being passionate about stencils (like I am about my CL stuff!!)

PS I am grateful for your efforts, I did learn from this Challenge! Thank you, Mary Beth! And I will post the quilt before the deadline and after I get it bound.

Hawaii Barbara (I love saying that) I am so glad you tried! At least you gave it a go and now you know. However, just like everything else in quilting...PPP ;) Don't you get tired of hearing that? :) I know, I love my CL too and it is extremely easy to put a design right were you want it. Sometimes you need a desing that compliments a quilt in a certain way, lets say Celtic. And yes, CL has a Celtic design, but what if it isn't the right size or what if it doesn't fit in a border? That is where a stencil comes in.

Stencils are not for everyone, but if you try them, you might decide that you have been missing out on using a really great tool that is usually very easy to use.

Hawaii Barbara (I love saying that) I am so glad you tried! At least you gave it a go and now you know. However, just like everything else in quilting...PPP ;) Don't you get tired of hearing that? :) I know, I love my CL too and it is extremely easy to put a design right were you want it. Sometimes you need a desing that compliments a quilt in a certain way, lets say Celtic. And yes, CL has a Celtic design, but what if it isn't the right size or what if it doesn't fit in a border? That is where a stencil comes in.

Stencils are not for everyone, but if you try them, you might decide that you have been missing out on using a really great tool that is usually very easy to use.

Mary Beth,

Not to worry I bought enought stencils for the both of us! LOL it was great fun. I warned the girls I was with that I would be an hour and I think it was about that long. My friend kept pointing ones out to me and I'd say, "I have that one." LOL she just got to where she would say, "I know you have that one." I looked for ones today that basically give you elements to add to.

Mary Beth,

Not to worry I bought enought stencils for the both of us! LOL it was great fun. I warned the girls I was with that I would be an hour and I think it was about that long. My friend kept pointing ones out to me and I'd say, "I have that one." LOL she just got to where she would say, "I know you have that one." I looked for ones today that basically give you elements to add to.

Archived